Author Topic: one domain wide GPO to prevent thunderbird updates for all users  (Read 1332 times)

ATT1

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Hello,
I want to add one domain-wide GPO rule on a Zentyal7 samba/AD server to prevent any updates for Thunderbird on all local Windows clients, since the update usually breaks a lot of perfectly working stuff.

What is the easiest way, preferably from the command line in Linux, to do this ?
Currently, I only know that the following registry value is doing this, but for each client only, not domain-wide :

Code: [Select]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla\Thunderbird]
"DisableAppUpdate"=dword:00000001

... and I don't want to run to each client computer and add this registry value by hand, when some domain-wide rule could do it.

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: one domain wide GPO to prevent thunderbird updates for all users
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 04:32:58 pm »
Hi,

The GPO must be created through RSAT tools. So, you need to use a Windows computer logged in the domain with an administrator user to create that policy.

NOTE: Don't forget to add the domain groups in the 'delegation' tab:

* domain users
* domain computers

--

“This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever"

ATT1

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: one domain wide GPO to prevent thunderbird updates for all users
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 08:57:06 pm »
Hi,
If one of you guys have created that policy with the RSAT tools, do they produce a file and if so, can you share that file?
And tell me how to tell Zentyal to use this ? I am using the free community edition....