Author Topic: Issue with Bind?  (Read 1249 times)

killmasta93

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Issue with Bind?
« on: October 29, 2021, 11:19:25 pm »
Hi
I was wondering if someone else has had this issue before,
Currently i have DNS forwarder to my firewall and on the firewall i create a dns host overide to resolve erp.mydomain.com to 192.168.0.160.
then on zentyal i restart bind9 and starts working fine, but around few hours it starts resolving by the WAN ip instead of the LAN IP so i have to restart bind9 every time

any ideas how to make it stick?

Thank you

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with Bind?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 02:07:20 pm »
Hi,

Did you check the configuration of the '/etc/resolv.conf'? Or perhaps is something about Bind cache.

Could you explain which actions you do when you said 'i create a dns host overide to resolve erp.mydomain.com to 192.168.0.160'?

--

“This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever"

killmasta93

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with Bind?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 06:54:11 pm »
Hi,

Did you check the configuration of the '/etc/resolv.conf'? Or perhaps is something about Bind cache.

Could you explain which actions you do when you said 'i create a dns host overide to resolve erp.mydomain.com to 192.168.0.160'?

--

“This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever"

Thanks for the reply, the action i create was on pfsense created a DNS overide, because on zentyal the DNS forwarder is pointing to pfSense,