Author Topic: Domain with PDC+BDC at Zentyal  (Read 1488 times)

juliocp1976

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Domain with PDC+BDC at Zentyal
« on: September 29, 2021, 08:21:38 pm »
Hello I need a help if this functionality is possible in Zentyal

I'm migrating my W2008 server (PDC and BDC) to zentyal 6.2.9, I did the installation of the first PDC server (192.168.1.2) it as its primary domain xxx.pr.gov.br, after it says the installation of the BDC (192.168 .1.11) as secondary and I joined him as additional domain controller, and a third one as network FS with address (192.168.1.12).

However, the creation and administration of users, groups and sharing works according to each other, and that I do in a replication in the others (PDC and BDC) as it should be.

BUT my problem is in the situation that we had that my PDC needed to change an energy source, and in this period the BDC did not automatically take its place.

My doubt is this: Zentyal offers this functionality to automatically take over the BDC when the PDC fails. Have some different setup to make it work if you need it. If you have which files to configure.

Thanks

victorsts

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Domain with PDC+BDC at Zentyal
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 06:00:24 pm »
Zentyal uses Active Directory, which does not use the concept of PDC/BDC as old NT domain servers used. Besides the FSMO roles, each Zentyal server in a domain replicate AD information and each one is able to authenticate users at any time.

One exception to this is the SYSVOL data which must be replicated from the server holding the "PDC Emulator" FSMO role to the other(s) servers by any mean applicable.

What exactly did not work while that "PDC" servers was off?

juliocp1976

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Domain with PDC+BDC at Zentyal
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 01:52:13 pm »
The DNS part, the machines to browse the internet, to resolve external names on the internet.