Author Topic: Zentyal 7.0 Fetchmail Not Working Anymore  (Read 1650 times)

kismetgerald

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 7.0 Fetchmail Not Working Anymore
« on: October 11, 2021, 09:00:44 pm »
Good-day folks,

Hope you're all doing well.  So, I'm testing a Zentyal 7.0 installation as a Proof of Concept for my company; to have Zentyal serve as our Primary Domain Controller, DNS, and Groupware Server.  I managed to create an account for myself and was testing the Groupware functionality.  I successfully enabled the "Retrieve External Emails" functionality and was able to fetch emails from our external mail provider.  However, due to a minor configuration mistake I made with the stub file for fetchmail, I ended up getting lots of duplicate mails.

So I reverted the change I made, leaving the original config file and rebooted the server.  Now, fetchmail refuses to retrieve external mails and is throwing the following error message:

Code: [Select]
Oct 11 14:21:27 dc01 fetchmail[3605]: socket error while fetching from kagbasi@mydomain.com@imap.ionos.com
Oct 11 14:21:27 dc01 fetchmail[3605]: Query status=2 (SOCKET)

I've restarted the mail module from the admin interface, and rebooted the server; still it's not working.  Has anybody see this happen with their Zentyal 7.0 instance?