Author Topic: Help with getting WAN/LAN working with SuperMicro 1U-X10SLH-N6-ST031-4BLTQ-1PS  (Read 1062 times)

Nostradamus

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

I'm new to Zentyal and I'm having some difficulty with a few things, hopefully someone can help me out.

I've been searching for days trying to find a "How To" pertaining to my situation; I may be searching for the wrong terms, so, I may just need someone to point me in the right direction.

I'm running Zentyal Community edition 7.0

My motherboard is: Supermicro  X10SLH-LN6TF-O and it has 6 X 10GbE ports on the back.

This setup will eventually be my main router/firewall for my home, I'm a home-labber and one of the devices it will be connected to is a Supermicro (SuperStorage 6048R-E1CR36N) as my Emby Server, this Zentyal device I'm trying to configure will replace my Verizon G1100 router in the next month and help me serve media approaching 10Gbps speeds in the near future.

Currently I'm working behind my Verizon G1100 router, once I have Zentyal setup to my liking I will remove the Verizon G1100 router and replace with my Zentyal router. What I would like to do is have one external WAN(et0) and 5 LAN(et1, eth2, eth3, eth4, eth5) working like a typical router that serves my local network providing internet access to my home network. There's also a HP ProCurve J9145A 2910al switch that sits on the same rack which will have the 2 x  10GbE modules installed at some point down the road.
I've been able to get the WAN(eth0) and one LAN(eth1) port working, unfortunately when adding the other 4 adapters via bridge it didn't work for me, and then I got desperate and started fussing with different settings pertaining to bond, and vlan all without luck. I should mention that all 6 NIC's are recognized in the OS.

If someone could point me towards a tutorial or walk me through this process I would be very grateful.
Thank you