Author Topic: access to samba shares for sftp users  (Read 1335 times)

seidhe

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
access to samba shares for sftp users
« on: September 17, 2021, 11:54:23 am »
Hi everyone,
I try to add access to the samba shares for users thru the SFTP connection on Zentyal 7.0.
on previouse system 3.2 everything was fine, here I can't connect to. I received message "Access denied".
I tried to create the system user using command line, but for this option I have no access to samaba shares...
In 7.0 are strange group names in SAMBA shareds. It looks like "[DOMAIN NAME]/domain users" but in the /etc/group this such of group does not exist...
Somebody can help me solve this issue?

Regards
Halski.

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: access to samba shares for sftp users
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 01:21:42 pm »
Hi,

Below you have the steps that I followed to access to the shares with a domain user through FTP:

1. Install the FTP module, disable the option 'Restrict to personal directories' and enable the module.

2. Through FileZilla, create a FTP connection using a 'Passive' transfer mode.

3. Connect to the FTP server, and then, just search for the path '/home/samba/shares'.

I also tested with SFTP, I enabled PAM and then, I could be able to connect to the shares through Filezilla. I think, this method requires steps 1 and 3 from above.

---
“This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever".

seidhe

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: access to samba shares for sftp users
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 02:40:24 pm »
Hi,
thanks for your help,
It's a little bit strange, but after unlocking the FTP service, SFTP starts running, even if those two are completely different services...
Regards
/M