Author Topic: Problems with Upgrading to 7  (Read 1499 times)

arch113

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Problems with Upgrading to 7
« on: May 28, 2021, 09:23:05 pm »
Development Edition:
When I run sudo /usr/share/zentyal/release-upgrade from command line, I get the following:
*** Preparing your system for the upgrade...

- Checking the zentyal-core version...
 Your system is up to date

When I run dpkg -l |grep "zentyal-" I get the following:
ii  zentyal-core                           6.2.4                                           all          Zentyal - Core
ii  zentyal-dhcp                           6.2.1                                           all          Zentyal - DHCP Server
ii  zentyal-dns                            6.2.0                                           all          Zentyal - DNS Server
ii  zentyal-firewall                       6.2.0                                           all          Zentyal - Firewall
ii  zentyal-network                        6.2.0                                           all          Zentyal - Network Configuration
ii  zentyal-ntp                            6.2.0                                           all          Zentyal - NTP Service
ii  zentyal-samba                          6.2.0                                           all          Zentyal - Domain Controller and File Sharing
ii  zentyal-software                       6.2.0                                           all          Zentyal - Software Management

When I click Upgrade Now in Webadmin I get:
This will upgrade your Zentyal 6.0 to Zentyal 6.2 Community Edition.
Close this dialog if you do not want to upgrade now.

I click Continue and get the following:
Upgrade finished! You will be redirected to the login page of Zentyal 6.2 after closing this dialog but please note that it is highly recommended to reboot your server before resuming normal operations.

tput: unknown terminal "unknown"
tput: unknown terminal "unknown"

*** Preparing your system for the upgrade...

- Checking the zentyal-core version...
 Your system is up to date

It actually does nothing.

What do I need to do to upgrade to V7?

Daniel Joven

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Upgrading to 7
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 02:33:52 pm »
Hi,

Is your Zentyal server up-to-date?

You can try to upgrade your Zentyal server using the CLI, below you have the link to the documentation.

* https://doc.zentyal.org/en/upgrade.html

arch113

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 01:07:52 am »
It's as up-to-date as it will allow me, hence the problem above using the site you sent me, some of the output of the CLI commands is posted above.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 05:36:43 pm by arch113 »

Daniel Joven

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 01:25:50 pm »
It's as up-to-date as it will allow me, hence the problem above using the site you sent me, some of the output of the CLI commands is posted above.

Hi arch113,

Confirm that your Zentyal Server 6.2 is using Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic (lsb_release -a) and if it does, you can compare the script located at '/usr/share/zentyal/release-upgrade' with the following:

* https://github.com/zentyal/zentyal/blob/support/6.2/main/core/src/scripts/release-upgrade

And then, run it using the debug mode to see any error:

Code: [Select]
sudo bash -x /usr/share/zentyal/release-upgrade
Best regards, Daniel Joven.