Author Topic: Save and recovery error!  (Read 813 times)

pgyula

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Save and recovery error!
« on: February 28, 2024, 02:41:38 pm »
Dear All!
I apologize if I am speaking to you in the wrong place!
I want to restore a 7.1 server with a new installation and I get the error message that samba service cannot be restored until I set the hostname that appears in the error message. After setting the hostname I get the same error message.
I have attached the screenshots for clarity. Due to sensitive data, the error message is also in screenshots. Unfortunately, the working server is unrecoverable so only the backup file could restore the configuration.
Thanks for your help in advance!
Pgyula
Serve! Since I can't attach a picture using any of the methods I've tried. I have included a link to download the screenshots
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/05c9RFsPVdvmXvA1fJcuf-6Yw#ZentyalRestoreFromBackup-2024-02-28%5F3
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/092dN10a9IX3re7ooiZuJW0Fg#ZentyalRestoreFromBackup-2024-02-28%5F4
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 02:55:48 pm by pgyula »

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Save and recovery error!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 05:45:46 pm »
Hi,

To restore a configuration backup that contains the domain controller module within it, you must have the following:

1. The same hostname and domain are configured in System → General.
2. The DNS and Domain controller modules must be enabled (default values are OK).

Once both modules are up and running with the default information, you can import the configuration backup.

NOTE: If I were you, I would reinstall the server and then, repeat the mentioned process, just make sure the configuration backup is not deleted by accident.

This world is ours, and by the Holy Light, we will keep it safe, now and forever.

pgyula

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Save and recovery error!
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 09:07:48 am »
Hi!
1) I installed a new 7.1 server, as the old one was destroyed,
2) the hostname and localdomain are the same as the names from the backup,
3) Modules installed and enabled,
I've been using zentyal since 2016, I've done several restores, I haven't experienced this kind of error so I asked for help.
Thank you Pgyula.