Author Topic: Upgrade from Zentyal 6.2 to 7.0 is now available  (Read 19405 times)

blorente

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade from Zentyal 6.2 to 7.0 is now available
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2021, 11:50:14 am »
We are up and running and fixed the issue with this commands!

sudo rm -rf /var/lib/zentyal/conf/ssl
sudo /usr/share/zentyal/create-certificate /var/lib/zentyal/conf/ssl `hostname --fqdn`
sudo systemctl start zentyal.webadmin-nginx.service

That's exactly what the release-upgrade code does at L:248 Did you upgrade from >=6.2.7?

Just for curiosity, because these commands should not be needed.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2021, 12:13:09 pm »
My zentyal-core is updated to 6.2.7 but not show the Upgrade button on the Dashboard

I got the same behavior and after checking the code, I saw that Zentyal requires Internet access to check if there is an upgrade available. Below you have the file which contains the methods: '_upgradeMessage' and '_getNewVersionFromCloud' that make the checks.

* https://github.com/zentyal/zentyal/blob/support/6.2/main/core/src/EBox/Dashboard/CGI/Index.pm

NOTE: Every time you refresh the Dashboard page in the web browser, it runs those methods.

Hope it helps.

jrtaylor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2021, 04:58:44 pm »
Just upgraded from 6.2.8 to 7.0 and the webadmin would not start because of the ssl problem. Ran these and the problem went away.

sudo /usr/share/zentyal/create-certificate /var/lib/zentyal/conf/ssl `hostname --fqdn`

Problem not fixed.

Ugdate:

I did have to roll back the upgrade. Lots of stuff did not update and the upgrade had a key error. I have seen this before with other 18.x to 20 upgrades.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 05:55:38 pm by jrtaylor »

Daniel Joven

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 10:51:38 am »
Ugdate:

I did have to roll back the upgrade. Lots of stuff did not update and the upgrade had a key error. I have seen this before with other 18.x to 20 upgrades.

Could you please provide us more details about the issues that you got after the upgrade? Do you remember the status of the packages (system and zentyal)? Which modules are you using? Are you using the CA module with a service certificate for Zentyal Webadmin service?

Also, I recommend to run the script itself to upgrade the system if the system adminitrator has knowledge enough to use the commandline, the reason is the details that you get when it is upgrading the server. Below two examples:

1. Basic execution:

sudo /usr/share/zentyal/release-upgrade

2. Execution with verbosity:

sudo bash -x /usr/share/zentyal/release-upgrade

mscfw

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 12:56:40 pm »
Hi Daniel,
I plan to start the upgrade on my second system soon. Manual update (by script) would be fine, just wondering if I missed this information, but should we/I upgrade ubuntu first and then Zentyal, or better the other way round?

My first Zentyal system fail with the upgrade, suricata repro key missing, then grub boot load "gone", ... took quite a while to fix it, but ok so far.

There was no responce on the "/usr/share/perl5/EBox/Samba/Model/PAM.pm" issue in https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,35173.0.html, perhaps also only a local problem.

Thanks for your support!
bye
Markus

jrtaylor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2021, 10:42:45 pm »
Hangs during upgrade.

Code: [Select]
*** Preparing for upgrade to Zentyal 7.0...
+ echo

+ prepareZentyalRepositories
+ wget -qO - keys.zentyal.org/zentyal-7.0-packages.asc
+ sudo apt-key add -
OK
+ '[' -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/zentyal-archive.list ']'
+ '[' -f /var/lib/zentyal/.commercial-edition ']'
+ sed -ri '/zentyal(.)6.2/d' /etc/apt/sources.list
+ echo 'deb http://packages.zentyal.org/zentyal 7.0 main extra'
+ grep -qR http://ppa.launchpad.net/oisf/suricata-stable/ubuntu /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list~ /etc/apt/sources.list.d
+ echo 'deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/oisf/suricata-stable/ubuntu focal main'
+ apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys D7F87B2966EB736F
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.LfsjAz87zp/gpg.1.sh --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys D7F87B2966EB736F

jrtaylor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2021, 01:02:29 pm »
Removed failed source. Not sure where it came from. The upgrade still failed. I cannot upload the log file. This looks like the problem.

This seems to provide zentyal-ips.

apt update
Hit:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal InRelease
Get:2 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates InRelease [114 kB]                                                               
Get:3 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security InRelease [109 kB]                                                                                   
Hit:4 http://packages.zentyal.org/zentyal 7.0 InRelease                                                                                                     
Get:5 http://ppa.launchpad.net/oisf/suricata-stable/ubuntu focal InRelease [17.5 kB]                           
Get:6 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-backports InRelease [101 kB]                     
Err:5 http://ppa.launchpad.net/oisf/suricata-stable/ubuntu focal InRelease                                                                                                                               
  Connection timed out [IP: 91.189.95.85 80]
Fetched 324 kB in 30s (10.6 kB/s)   
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
All packages are up to date.
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/oisf/suricata-stable/ubuntu/dists/focal/InRelease  Connection timed out [IP: 91.189.95.85 80]
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 01:15:16 pm by jrtaylor »

AntiAntiSysOps

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2021, 11:13:57 pm »
We are up and running and fixed the issue with this commands!

This is good info here.

Anyone got a link on a HowTo setup a secondary the quickest way. Since I am in a single server environment (I know I don't need your comments on that, its been rock solid for 3 years), I'd like to setup a secondary just for redundancy if this thing sh*ts the bed again.

ecc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2021, 10:36:56 am »
I tried that command and all I get is :

[0;32m - Checking the zentyal-core version...
 Your system is up to date

It does nothing clicking the button.
The documentation on this is very sparse.
Is there a reference to how to get from 6.2.4 to 6.2.8?

jrtaylor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2021, 04:22:28 pm »
I tried that command and all I get is :

[0;32m - Checking the zentyal-core version...
 Your system is up to date

It does nothing clicking the button.
The documentation on this is very sparse.
Is there a reference to how to get from 6.2.4 to 6.2.8?

You need to upgrade your 6.2.x to 6.2.8 by using the web interface or command line.

web interface
Software Management--> Zentyal Components--> Update tab
Software Management--> System Updates

command line (this will update both zentyal and system at the same time)
apt update
apt upgrade

erotavlas

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2021, 10:21:39 am »
Hi,
I have two machines with zentyal 6.2 and I have the offer on the web gui to upgrade to zentyal 7.0, however the process gets stuck on preparing. On both machines I have zentyal core 6.2.3, on web gui there is 6.2.8 suggestion (it redirects to doc page), but I cannot update it even via command line.
Any idea?
Thank you

jpedrelli

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2021, 04:39:49 pm »
After the upgrade dovecot IMAP service stopped working
In the mail.log file there are these warnings:
  dovecot: config: Warning: please set ssl_dh=</etc/dovecot/dh.pem
  config: Warning: You can generate it with: dd if=/var/lib/dovecot/ssl-parameters.dat bs=1 skip=88 | openssl dhparam -inform der > /etc/dovecot/dh.pem
I tried to regenerate the "dh.pem" file with these methods:
  dd if=/var/lib/dovecot/ssl-parameters.dat bs=1 skip=88 | openssl dhparam -inform der > dh.pem
  openssl dhparam -out dh.pem 4096
  openssl dhparam -out dh.pem 8192
  openssl genpkey -genparam -algorithm DH -out dh.pem -pkeyopt dh_paramgen_prime_len:4096
and modified ssl_dh option in  files /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf and /usr/share/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf from /usr/share/dovecot/dh.pem to /etc/dovecot/dh.pem and his group from root to dovecot without success

I always got the error when mail client connect:
  dovecot: imap-login: Error: Failed to initialize SSL server context: Can't load DH parameters: error:1408518A:SSL routines:ssl3_ctx_ctrl:dh key too small: user=<>, rip=...

jrtaylor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2021, 07:42:50 pm »
Hi,
I have two machines with zentyal 6.2 and I have the offer on the web gui to upgrade to zentyal 7.0, however the process gets stuck on preparing. On both machines I have zentyal core 6.2.3, on web gui there is 6.2.8 suggestion (it redirects to doc page), but I cannot update it even via command line.
Any idea?
Thank you

You have to upgrade to 6.2.8 before attempting to upgrade to 7.0. Make sure you have a backup or snapshot before attempting an upgrade.

Daniel Joven

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2021, 12:26:17 pm »
Hi,

Hi,
Any idea?
Thank you

You have to upgrade to 6.2.8 before attempting to upgrade to 7.0. Make sure you have a backup or snapshot before attempting an upgrade.

The latest version is 6.2.9.

After the upgrade dovecot IMAP service stopped working
In the mail.log file there are these warnings:
  dovecot: config: Warning: please set ssl_dh=</etc/dovecot/dh.pem
  config: Warning: You can generate it with: dd if=/var/lib/dovecot/ssl-parameters.dat bs=1 skip=88 | openssl dhparam -inform der > /etc/dovecot/dh.pem
I tried to regenerate the "dh.pem" file with these methods:
  dd if=/var/lib/dovecot/ssl-parameters.dat bs=1 skip=88 | openssl dhparam -inform der > dh.pem
  openssl dhparam -out dh.pem 4096
  openssl dhparam -out dh.pem 8192
  openssl genpkey -genparam -algorithm DH -out dh.pem -pkeyopt dh_paramgen_prime_len:4096
and modified ssl_dh option in  files /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf and /usr/share/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf from /usr/share/dovecot/dh.pem to /etc/dovecot/dh.pem and his group from root to dovecot without success

I always got the error when mail client connect:
  dovecot: imap-login: Error: Failed to initialize SSL server context: Can't load DH parameters: error:1408518A:SSL routines:ssl3_ctx_ctrl:dh key too small: user=<>, rip=...

Please, try to generate the key using the following command:

sudo openssl dhparam -out /etc/dovecot/dh.pem 4096

Then, set the correct permissions:

sudo chown root:root /etc/dovecot/dh.pem
sudo chmod 0644 /etc/dovecot/dh.pem

After that, add the following parameter to the stub '/usr/share/zentyal/stubs/mail/dovecot.conf.mas':

ssl_dh = </etc/dovecot/dh.pem

Finally, restart the Mail module:

sudo zs mail restart

Best regards, Daniel Joven.

jpedrelli

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2021, 02:44:19 pm »
Thanks @Daniel Joven, problem solved!