Author Topic: Using Zentyal generated VPN with VPN router  (Read 1295 times)

akhasis

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Using Zentyal generated VPN with VPN router
« on: February 10, 2021, 02:57:57 pm »
Hello,

I'm trying to link two locations via VPN. Up to now, I'm using Zentyal-to-Zentyal tunnels for that, but in this new location I only have two machines, a computer and a scanner, and didn't want to keep another computer always on to act as the Zentyal-to-Zentyal client.

I was wondering if it is possible to export the VPN configuration to a VPN router to make this proccess more manageable. Reading the Z-2-Z exported configuration file makes me think that it would only be understanded by another Zentyal machine (as expected from the "Zentyal-to-Zentyal tunnel" name).

I managed to make a router connect via VPN to the Zentyal server, but in this case I used a remote client (road warrior) configuration file. So the router itself connects to the VPN, but none of the computers conected to its LAN can access this VPN.

Is it possible to make a router work with Zentyal VPN so the machines behind this router can connect via the VPN? Would it be as easy as just exporting the configuration from Zentyal to the router? If not, do you know any tutorial to do this?

My knowledge about networking is quite limited, so if my message lacks any important piece of information or I'm using the wrong terminology please let me know so that I can clarify my question.

Thank you in advance,