Author Topic: Login limitation by time  (Read 1322 times)

filidendro

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Login limitation by time
« on: December 29, 2020, 08:02:08 pm »
Hello community!

I started to use Sentyal to replace an Microsoft AD from a company, they use the AD only to authenticate users so sentyal is a great option. The only thing I'm not beeng able to do is to limitate the login by time, for example, that some users can't login after 5:00 PM. I din't find anything about it in the forum, somebody has the same problem? Or is a lmitation by Samba and it can't be done?

Thanks in advance!

BerT666

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Login limitation by time
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 10:57:13 am »
This can be done by RSAT Tools... Works flawlessly in my net ;-)

Best BerT

filidendro

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 09:35:31 pm »
Thanks for your reply! I'll search about it and try. There is no native way to do it right? O do you have some link where I can look for? Tranks again!

badapple7

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 03:51:41 am »
Hi install rsat is very easy of Windows 10 (pro), on config -> Applications and features -> add features optional..this can change, its me bad English.

----------------------

Now if your decided use console for manager your domain, I thinks in read first all man's available for samba, but here one help pdbedit(pdbedit — manage the SAM database (Database of Samba Users))

-K|--kickoff-time

This option is used to modify the kickoff time for a certain user. Use "never" as argument to set the kickoff time to unlimited.

Example: pdbedit -K never user

https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/current/man-html/pdbedit.8.html