Author Topic: Zentyal 4.0: problem to upgrade, samba error  (Read 1531 times)

Lueghi

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Zentyal 4.0: problem to upgrade, samba error
« on: December 23, 2020, 04:29:43 pm »
I'm just trying to update my server from version 4.0 to 6.2. I have tested the updates in a virtual machine (but only with an basic zentyal configuration). The update from 4.0 to 5.0 worked without problems. Now with my real server I get an error message according to samba (I have translated most of the german output, it's not original):
Code: [Select]
The following packages have unfulfilled dependencies :
 zentyal-samba : Depends on: samba (>= 2:4.6.7+dfsg-1) but should not be installed
                 Depends on: samba-vfs-modules but should not be installed
                 Depends on: samba-dsdb-modules but should not be installed
                 Depends on: winbind but should not be installed
                 Depends on: libnss-winbind but should not be installed
                 Depends on: libpam-winbind but should not be installed
E: Problems cannot be corrected, you have retained defective packages.
Download failed, retrying in 5 seconds...
The output of apt-cache unmet samba is:
Paket samba Version 3:4.1.17+dfsg-1~zentyal5 has an unfulfilled dependency:
 Replaces: libsamdb0 (< 4.0.0~alpha17~)
 Replaces: libsamdb0:i386 (< 4.0.0~alpha17~)
 Replaces: python-samba (< 2:4.1.4+dfsg-3)
 Replaces: python-samba:i386 (< 2:4.1.4+dfsg-3)
 Replaces: samba-ad-dc
 Replaces: samba-ad-dc:i386
 Replaces: samba-common (<= 2.0.5a-2)
 Replaces: samba-common:i386 (<= 2.0.5a-2)
 Replaces: samba-doc (< 2:4.0.5~)
 Replaces: samba-doc:i386 (< 2:4.0.5~)
 Replaces: samba-libs (< 2:4.1.4+dfsg-2)
 Replaces: samba-libs:i386 (< 2:4.1.4+dfsg-2)
 Replaces: samba4 (< 3:4.1.13)
 Replaces: samba4:i386 (< 3:4.1.13)
For me it seems that the system has some dependencies to samba of zentyal5.
So my question is: what can I do to fix this problem? Which additional information you need to give me a tip?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 04:31:24 pm by Lueghi »
Lueghi
--------------
Zentyal 7.0 with samba, DNS, DHCP, Webserver, SoGo and VPN-server in my little home-network, based on proxmox

Lueghi

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 4.0: problem to upgrade, samba error
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 10:10:46 pm »
I've checked some additiional things. Output of dpkg -l | samba:
adminuser@zentyal1 12:52 ~ > dpkg -l | grep samba
ii  libsamba-perl                         0.11+2~8                                   amd64        Perl bindings for samba 4.0
ii  python-samba                          3:4.1.17+dfsg-1~zentyal5                   amd64        Python bindings for Samba
ii  samba                                 3:4.1.17+dfsg-1~zentyal5                   amd64        SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix
ii  samba-common                          3:4.1.17+dfsg-1~zentyal5                   all          common files used by both the Samba server and client
ii  samba-common-bin                      3:4.1.17+dfsg-1~zentyal5                   amd64        Samba common files used by both the server and the client
ii  samba-dsdb-modules                    3:4.1.17+dfsg-1~zentyal5                   amd64        Samba Directory Services Database
ii  samba-libs:amd64                      3:4.1.17+dfsg-1~zentyal5                   amd64        Samba core libraries
ii  samba-vfs-modules                     3:4.1.17+dfsg-1~zentyal5                   amd64        Samba Virtual FileSystem plugins
ii  zentyal-samba                         4.0.11                                     all          Zentyal - Domain Controller and File Sharing
adminuser@zentyal1 21:56 ~ >
For me it seems that there was an unsuccessvul try to install zentyal5. This must be happened long time ago because I don't remember this. And my actual system with zentyal 4.0 works fine since years.So my question is if I'm right: if can I remove the samba parts of *zentyal5* the "normal" upgrade will work. But how can I remove the bad zentyal5-dependencies? I'm not a linux guru but I can use the commandline.

So my next steps are dependend from your hints. Please help me ....
Lueghi
--------------
Zentyal 7.0 with samba, DNS, DHCP, Webserver, SoGo and VPN-server in my little home-network, based on proxmox

Lueghi

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 12:49:15 pm »
Is there really no one here in the forum who can give me a hint / tip  :( ?
Lueghi
--------------

BeeDead

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 08:45:08 pm »
I have this same error. No solution for now :(

johnk

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 11:23:13 pm »
I want to try the same upgrade to a customer. First of all did you perform any kind of maintenance to version 4.0 before the upgrade? If so which. Regarding your problem I would take a look at the OS itself as Samba is not part of Zentyal but of Ubuntu so if you try an upgrade of Ubuntu maybe it will resolve itself.