Author Topic: Zentyal 7 release date?  (Read 4131 times)

arakan94

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 7 release date?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 03:06:25 pm »
Update: Disabling DNSSEC solved my issue (created modified stub for named.conf.options).

Not sure what is the cause of DNSSEC problem. My installation is on virtual machine (KVM), but has it's dedicated Ethernet (using passthrough) so acts just like ordinary server connected directly to LAN.

arakan94

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2021, 12:24:54 pm »
Another bug - cannot create configuration backup using Web interface.

Wanted to attach screenshot but it said that "upload folder is full" - it was small, 45 KB PNG. Here's copy of the error instead:

Code: [Select]
root command tar cf /var/lib/zentyal/conf//eboxbackup.tar -C /var/lib/zentyal/conf//backup.9Gbry1 eboxbackup --preserve-permissions --exclude eboxbackup/files.tgz 2>&1 failed. Error output: Command output: tar: The following options were used after any non-optional arguments in archive create or update mode. These options are positional and affect only arguments that follow them. Please, rearrange them properly. tar: --exclude ‘eboxbackup/files.tgz’ has no effect tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors . Exit value: 2

arakan94

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 12:16:41 pm »
Got another problem.. Any advice? Not sure what caused this.. I noticed problems when I changed interface address and it did not update in DNS (the realm is dynamic).

2021/01/21 16:11:23 INFO> DNS.pm:91 EBox::DNS::appArmorProfiles - Setting DNS apparmor profile
2021/01/21 16:12:01 ERROR> Sudo.pm:240 EBox::Sudo::_rootError - root command nsupdate -g -t 10 /var/lib/zentyal/tmp/s9lkGpokAt failed.
Error output: tkey query failed: GSSAPI error: Major = Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information, Minor = Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'ZENTYAL.LAN'.

Command output: .
Exit value: 2 at root command nsupdate -g -t 10 /var/lib/zentyal/tmp/s9lkGpokAt failed.

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 01:34:37 pm »
Got another problem.. Any advice? Not sure what caused this.. I noticed problems when I changed interface address and it did not update in DNS (the realm is dynamic).

2021/01/21 16:11:23 INFO> DNS.pm:91 EBox::DNS::appArmorProfiles - Setting DNS apparmor profile
2021/01/21 16:12:01 ERROR> Sudo.pm:240 EBox::Sudo::_rootError - root command nsupdate -g -t 10 /var/lib/zentyal/tmp/s9lkGpokAt failed.
Error output: tkey query failed: GSSAPI error: Major = Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information, Minor = Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'ZENTYAL.LAN'.

Command output: .
Exit value: 2 at root command nsupdate -g -t 10 /var/lib/zentyal/tmp/s9lkGpokAt failed.

Run this:

sudo samba_dnsupdate --verbose --all-names

You'll see all the samba dns records. Check them. In addition, I wonder if could be useful configure the [realm] krb5.conf section with the kdc of the realm.

Cheers!
- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,

arakan94

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2021, 11:57:33 am »
Thanks.

Should I still do it when it started working without this? What I did is enable DHCP module and enabled Dynamic DNS in it.. It seems that the problem was using DNS without DHCP - though I am not sure what set the domain to dynamic - it happened on its own.

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2021, 02:19:03 pm »
 :)

The Dynamic DNS Options can be setted on "webmin > DHCP >interface configuration > Dynamic DNS Options". Here you can enable or disable the DDNS.

I have disabled DHCP and the system seems to run properly (the DNS module shows the "Dynamic Domain" enabled though).

Could be your samba service was down when the system tried to update DNS?

Paste here the zentyal.log parts regarding network and samba errors if you need some help.

Cheers!
- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,

blorente

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2021, 07:25:02 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback and comments. Zentyal 7.0 is now released, you can find all the information here: https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,35132.0.html

If you hit any issues, please report them through GitHub https://github.com/zentyal/zentyal/issues

Cheers!
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

arakan94

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2021, 08:26:17 am »
:)

The Dynamic DNS Options can be setted on "webmin > DHCP >interface configuration > Dynamic DNS Options". Here you can enable or disable the DDNS.

I have disabled DHCP and the system seems to run properly (the DNS module shows the "Dynamic Domain" enabled though).

Could be your samba service was down when the system tried to update DNS?

Paste here the zentyal.log parts regarding network and samba errors if you need some help.

Cheers!

The samba was definitely running. Seems like the user and key for DDNS were not created because I never enabled DHCP and the option there.

arakan94

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2021, 08:28:09 am »
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback and comments. Zentyal 7.0 is now released, you can find all the information here: https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,35132.0.html

If you hit any issues, please report them through GitHub https://github.com/zentyal/zentyal/issues

Cheers!

Great! Do I need to do anything apart from apt upgrade to update my Beta installation to full release?