Author Topic: accessing zentyal sbs remotely from windows pcs  (Read 1423 times)

rsacomp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
accessing zentyal sbs remotely from windows pcs
« on: September 10, 2020, 08:20:54 am »
Hi all , im almost new to zentyal, i implemented a file server at a client, created a dyndns account, and locally, all computers can browse shares as per permissions, remotely, i can access the shares from my linux pc, but from my clients remote windows pc's (windows10 and 7) when calling up the dyndns name " \\*********.dyndns.net\*** it aks for password, i enter the password, it shows the shares, but when trying to access it says no permission, parameter incorrect. although if u map the drive with a letter, it can be accessed, is this to do with the version of samba on the server? please assist as the backup software i am using has to be able to access the share without mapping

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: accessing zentyal sbs remotely from windows pcs
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 06:01:27 pm »
 :)

If your issue is that you have to logon to the domain through the internet, I recommend you use the Zentyal OpenVPN module. I think that it will improve the security of your DC and will fix your issue.

Read this: https://doc.zentyal.org/en/vpn.html#virtual-private-network-vpn-service-with-openvpn It's really easy to configure and deploy it.

Cheers!
- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,

rsacomp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: accessing zentyal sbs remotely from windows pcs
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 08:48:22 am »
thanks will try and revert