Author Topic: No Documentation Available for Commercial Server Upgrade?  (Read 1264 times)

mnemonicj

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
No Documentation Available for Commercial Server Upgrade?
« on: August 05, 2020, 07:13:41 pm »
I purchased Zentyal Commercial 6.0 and I am interested in upgrading to 6.2, but I don't see any documentation that references upgrading the commercial version. It seems all of the documentation for upgrading is for the Development version and the only way to upgrade the Commercial version is with a support ticket, which has a cost. For a home user, that is not a desired method of upgrade and I would prefer to perform the upgrade myself if I have documentation available to me.

webmaster

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: No Documentation Available for Commercial Server Upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 10:32:45 am »
Hello there,

The perpetual licenses are version specific. If you wish to upgrade an existing deployment to a newer version, this is done by opening a support ticket as you mention. For pricing and any additional information, please contact sales@zentyal.com .

BR.

mnemonicj

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: No Documentation Available for Commercial Server Upgrade?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 10:22:36 pm »
Are you saying that my perpetual license does not allow me to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.2 without an additional cost even though 6.2 is mostly bug fixes for version 6.0 and 6.1? So, if I want to upgrade to 6.2 by erasing and replacing my current 6.0 install, I would still be required to pay some form of upgrade cost?