Author Topic: Openvpn settings conf File  (Read 1355 times)

Stepahn84

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Openvpn settings conf File
« on: April 15, 2020, 10:44:07 am »
Hi there, I have a question about the OpenVpn module. I would like to make changes in the config file in the etc / openvpn / .... directory. But when I save the file, it always changes to the origin. Can someone tell me how I do it? Would like to adjust parameters like sndbuf and rcvbuf etc. Thanks and Regards

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Openvpn settings conf File
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 02:01:34 pm »
 :)

Zentyal uses templates (stubs) to load into the redis stored data and to generate the files of configuration for the services it manages. You can read about this in the Zentyal documentation https://doc.zentyal.org/en/appendix-c.html#stubs

You have to locate the Zentyal template containing the needed parameter:

Code: [Select]
root@khazad-dum:~# ls /usr/share/zentyal/stubs/openvpn/
default-openvpn.mas             openvpn-client.conf.mas  quagga
noebox-openvpn-client.conf.mas  openvpn.conf.mas         systemd.mas

Afterward you have to copy the template in a special folder:

Code: [Select]
root@khazad-dum:~# mkdir -p /etc/zentyal/stubs/openvpn
root@khazad-dum:~# cp -vfp /usr/share/zentyal/stubs/openvpn/* /etc/zentyal/stubs/openvpn/

You have to work on the template copy that you did into /etc/zentyal/stubs/openvpn . Zentyal is designed to search the templates in the /etc/zentyal/stubs/ subfolders and, if these doesn't exist it search the template in the original /usr/share/zentyal/stubs subfolders

To make effective your changes, you'll have to restart the daemon after some customization on the templates.

You can add the neeed parameters into the templates that generate the correspondant files of configuration. The only condition is to use openvpn valid parameters and values and to load them in the correct Zentyal template.

Cheers!

- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,