Author Topic: WhatsApp Web "dying" behind the proxy  (Read 1325 times)

luiz Peterli

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
WhatsApp Web "dying" behind the proxy
« on: January 27, 2020, 06:44:41 pm »
Hello everyone!

I have version 6.1.2 of Zentyal running on Ubuntu 18.04. On this server I have the AD / DNS Firewall / Squid IPS / IDS modules on the WAN interface and the VPN module.

I have a non-transparent proxy on my network, I also have some blocking rules for social networks, and some domain blocks through Shallalist.

Before blocking, I add exceptions, allowing access to Whatsapp Web, for this I release the domains "whatsapp.com", "" whatsapp.net "and the domains of my provider's CDN, and even with the squid access.log log like this:

1580146007.609 624952 172.16.99.99 TCP_TUNNEL / 200 5352 CONNECT web.whatsapp.com:443 - HIER_DIRECT / 31.13.74.52

My whatsapp web loses connection after a few minutes. After placing my station behind the zentyal proxy, whatsapp web remains connected, but over time it loses the connection and does not come back. He only returns the connection when I withdraw my station from the Proxy.

I did some tests without any, blocking rule and yet the service remains falling after a few minutes connected.

These are the domains and urls that I release in the proxy for access without restrictions and without cache:

Whatsapp
web.whatsapp.com
mmx-ds.cdn.whatsapp.net

Could anyone explain to me what could be causing this connection interruption over time?