Author Topic: Not sync roaming profile and slow  (Read 1361 times)

ricardocenteno

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Not sync roaming profile and slow
« on: December 24, 2019, 11:46:24 pm »
Hello everyone.
I installed the zentyal server to be AD and File Server, among the features, decided to share a folder to behave as roaming profile, put the ACL for all users of the domain. In a local profile with 1.5gb of files stayed for over 40 minutes on a GB network.
I noticed that the zentyal storage space jumped from 12GB occupied to 52GB, I went to check and noticed the syslog file that was this size. I could not open the file to interpret the log, it seems that in some process of profile copying, something is looping.
Has anyone caught this problem?
PS: Translated Google Translate. :)
Thanks!!!

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Not sync roaming profile and slow
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 12:26:55 pm »
 :)

In my experience there are two ways of using roaming profiles wisely: in an ideal world with users who deserve the sysadmin title or through  folder redirection (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Windows_Profile_Folder_Redirections#Using_a_Group_Policy_Preference)

I don't understand how nor why did you configure a shared folder to reach this goal. Use the default Zentyal options, simply enable the Roaming Profiles option in the webadmin Domain menu... Zentyal manages all these stuff for you!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,

ricardocenteno

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Not sync roaming profile and slow
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 01:44:19 pm »
:)

In my experience there are two ways of using roaming profiles wisely: in an ideal world with users who deserve the sysadmin title or through  folder redirection (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Windows_Profile_Folder_Redirections#Using_a_Group_Policy_Preference)

I don't understand how nor why did you configure a shared folder to reach this goal. Use the default Zentyal options, simply enable the Roaming Profiles option in the webadmin Domain menu... Zentyal manages all these stuff for you!

I do it this way because I came from Windows AD, I always chose to share a folder in a hidden way, whose Zentyal "does not leave" and where users' profiles are stored. From there I create a roaming profile GPO, so I can have better control for who or to which computer I want to assign the roaming profile through delegations using Group Policy (RSAT).
The curious thing is that when I log in for the first time and log off everything goes perfectly, so I decided to put the saved files from the old profile and everything locked, I decided to do a test with a smaller file volume and it worked too.
I don't know if this is a mistake or something Samba compatibility, but it was to work.

Anyway, thank you very much for the reply, I will try to fit in this new way to realize the mobile profile.