Author Topic: "IMAP connection limit" - How to modify default_process_limit in dovecot.conf  (Read 4274 times)

imortalis

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile

Good afternoon,

I have 90 users and I am always receiving notifications saying that the imap connection has exceeded 100. I was checking in the dovecot.conf file but found no parameters with this setting. From what I read on the internet, I should change the "default_process_limit" to a higher value. Someone can help me ?

umeshhrr

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi,

Did you get any solution for this, even we have also same issue in Zentyal6.0 Development edition.

Umesh
Bangalore

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
 :)

You should copy the whole error message. If it is "Maximum number of connections from user+IP exceeded"  you should increase the  'mail_max_userip_connections' parameter.

At the other hand, if you have 90 users and some of then use laptop + smartphone it's natural to have these warnings if you have configured some related parameter to 100.

To customize these parameters, or others, you have to take account that Zentyal generates the configuration files of the services which manages through templates "stubs" and a redis database. So, the changes which you'll make in the configuration files of the services will be removed when restarting the services.

Zentyal is designed to use first the customized templates which have to be located in "/etc/zentyal/stubs/...", afterward it search the pre-configured templates in "/usr/share/zentyal/stubs/...". Read the docs in order to understand the way of doing: https://doc.zentyal.org/en/appendix-c.html#stubs

Cheers!

- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,

umeshhrr

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi,

We are using Zentyal development edition 6.0 with core 6.0.1 & configured fetchmail server with 60 email id's, Since then noticing this message intermittently      ------>

"dovecot: master: Warning: service (imap-login) : process_limit (100) reached, client connections being dropped".

Could you help me to resolve this issue.? I have checked few files e.g in /usr/share/zentyal/stubs/, /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf & few conf.d files but no use.

Umesh

Bangalore

« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 12:55:51 pm by umeshhrr »

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
 :)

Code: [Select]
sudo mkdir -p  /etc/zentyal/stubs/mail
sudo cp /usr/share/zentyal/stubs/mail/dovecot.conf.mas /etc/zentyal/stubs/mail/

Add this line "default_process_limit = 512"  to "/etc/zentyal/stubs/mail/dovecot.conf.mas". The result should be:

##
## Authentication processes
##

auth_mechanisms = gssapi plain
auth_krb5_keytab = <% $keytabPath %>
auth_gssapi_hostname = <% $gssapiHostname %>
auth_debug = no
auth_verbose = no

default_process_limit = 512

Restart the mail module:

sudo zs mail restart

Check the new configuration:

sudo doveconf -a | grep "default_process_limit"

Cheers!
- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,

umeshhrr

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks for your valuable support, it works.

Umesh
Bangalore