Author Topic: Traefik reverse proxy?  (Read 2610 times)

TechnicalValues

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Traefik reverse proxy?
« on: November 14, 2019, 11:24:05 pm »
Has anyone in here setup Traefik, running ON the Zentyal server in order to provide reverse proxy? My goal is to have a reproducable labe environment where Zentyal is the main system that handles the typical stuff like Active Directory, Certificate Authority, DNS, DHCP, and have it as the default gateway for a few different "Internal" networks. The goal with the reverse proxy would be to have the external interface serving multiple URLs that would each be directed to different servers that sit behind Zentyal on the Internal networks.

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Traefik reverse proxy?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 03:15:55 pm »
 :)

I use to do it through redirection port and SNAT rules (this is sufficient the most of the times). If needed I think it's easiest to configure Squid (which is used by Zentyal as forward proxy) as reverse proxy too.

Cheers!
- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,

TechnicalValues

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Traefik reverse proxy?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 08:10:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply, while it's nice that there is proxy here, it would be great if there was the additional UI to correspond with setting up reverse proxy. I've worked with Squid Reverse Proxy in pfSense so I could probably get this approach worked out.