Author Topic: Zentyal 6 as Domain Controller: Install RDS on Windows Server 2016  (Read 3390 times)

lsgit

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hello,

I am using Zentyal 6 as domain controller. Now I want to install RDS on my Windows Server 2016, which is belonging to the Zentyal server controlled domain. Unfortunately the installation fails with several error messages.
Trying the same on Windows Server which is member to a Windows Domain Controller works without problems.

Did anybody manage to install RDS in this setup? If not, what can I do to migrate my Zentyal domain controller to a Windows server?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Lars

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 6 as Domain Controller: Install RDS on Windows Server 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 01:06:33 pm »
 :)

I don't know if this helps you but Zentyal provides you a virtualization module that you could use. SSH is able to forward X-Windows from a remote machine. There's lots of Remote Desktop applications which you could install on your Zentyal server, and lots of remote desktop clients as "remmina" which you could use in order to connect a Windows Server remote desktop (I use it in order to manage from Linux the Windows Servers).

If you want to remove Zentyal from your domain read this: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Demoting_a_Samba_AD_DC

Cheers.
- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,