Author Topic: Failed Upgrade from 4.0.18 to 5.0.14  (Read 1795 times)

MOG

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Failed Upgrade from 4.0.18 to 5.0.14
« on: August 13, 2019, 01:09:34 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my installation. As the title said, I wanted to update via the dashboard from 4.0.18 to 5.0.14.
Personally, I would not like to build on the existing, but install a fresh version and transfer the existing data.
The server is in PDC, so I would like to migrate the data from one server to the second (new).
Does anyone know how to do that?
If something is missing, I am happy to submit.

Modules that are installed:
DHCP, DNS Server, VPN, Firewall, Domain Controllers and File Sharing, Traffic Shaping, HTTP Proxy, Antivirus

Thanks in advanced!

ecc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Failed Upgrade from 4.0.18 to 5.0.14
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 10:31:18 am »
I tried this with a similar result so I'd be interested if anybody has an answer.

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 05:52:02 pm »
 :)

Actually, if I have understood your message, you have mostly the problem of importing the shared resources, isn't it?
(Most of the modules that you use aren't hard to configure by hand)
In this case the better IMHO is to export domain user accounts and groups from the old Zentyal. Afterwards you'll have to create the shared resources in your new Zentyal server through webadmin and to re-create the users and groups acls for these shares.
Afterwards you can copy the content of the old shares into the new ones using the tar command with the "--acls -cpf" options in order to preserve the acls and unix permissions.
By this way webadmin will be able to manage the shared resources without issues.
I hope this will help you.
Cheers!
PS: You can import/export user accounts by scripting with samba-tool options too.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:58:01 pm by doncamilo »
- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,

ecc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 11:30:26 am »
What we did in the end was to build a new Zentyal 6 server as and ADC whihc brought over all the AD information and after much head-scratching, and a reply from Zentyal HQ on their Twitter feed, promoted the Z6 server to a PDC using these instructions: https://doc.zentyal.org/en/directory.html#total-migration

It seems to have worked.

Bring the DNS records over though would be something we would be interested in finding out how to do.