Author Topic: Ebox 1.4 issues with openvpn  (Read 4118 times)

ownu00

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Ebox 1.4 issues with openvpn
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 12:18:51 am »
doing a setup similar tonight, I will post my result if its working and if I had to jump into some unusual hoops to make it work.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:23:21 am by ownu00 »

ownu00

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 01:18:09 am »
My setup is not entirely like yours but here my experience for now.

Code: [Select]
My home computer 192.168.0.1 (Windows 7 OPENVPN Client (192.168.3.2))=>
My cheap router WRT54G2 (No port filtering or port forwarded)=>
Internet  =>
My office cheap router WRT54G2  (ports forwarded 22(SSH) 443(Ebox HTTPS) 1194(OPENVPN)) to Ebox Box (192.168.1.2)=>

My OPENVPN Windows 7 client can connect and ping everythings.
My shares on my samba enabled Ebox works by IP address but they do not appear in my Windows 7 network neighborhood. I think I need to have OPENVPN in bridge mode for this.
I did not add any custom firewall rules in ebox.

I have a single lan interface on my ebox so I had to use the NAT option in my OPENVPN server setting to be able to connect on the network already shared printers and shares on windows machine. But for the internal samba ebox server the NAT option was not necessary.

Sorry for my English
Will post more observations if I find any.

jkaver

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 04:38:27 am »
I have nearly the same setup, but no one can see shares when openvpn is connected.

At this point my client emailed me and has notified me that if it isn't fixed by Monday than he will find someone else and that's like a nice loss of lots of time money for me...

I'm still willing to pay someone to help me fix it, as so far I've gotten no where with this issuebut everything works great