Author Topic: Zentyal as Domain controller and windows as ADC  (Read 2462 times)

dheerajsharma

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal as Domain controller and windows as ADC
« on: April 09, 2019, 07:10:33 am »
Hello,

Please help me with is topic how to configure Zentyal as a main domain controller and windows server as a backup domain controller like ADC.

i am not able to confiuger windows server as a Additional Domain Controller for Zentyal.

error is following
Verification of prerequisites for Active Directory preparation failed. Unable to perform Exchange schema conflict check for domain zentyal.local
Exception: The RPC server is unavailable.
Adprep could not retrieve data from the server zentyal.local through Windows Managment Instrumentation (WMI).
[User Action]
Check the log file ADPrep.log in the C:\Windows\debug\adprep\logs\20190408214417-test directory for possible cause of failure.

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal as Domain controller and windows as ADC
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 11:39:11 pm »
Hello,

Please help me with is topic how to configure Zentyal as a main domain controller and windows server as a backup domain controller like ADC.

i am not able to confiuger windows server as a Additional Domain Controller for Zentyal.

error is following
Verification of prerequisites for Active Directory preparation failed. Unable to perform Exchange schema conflict check for domain zentyal.local
Exception: The RPC server is unavailable.
Adprep could not retrieve data from the server zentyal.local through Windows Managment Instrumentation (WMI).
[User Action]
Check the log file ADPrep.log in the C:\Windows\debug\adprep\logs\20190408214417-test directory for possible cause of failure.

Could be the Zentyal firewall is blocking the RPC traffic?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/832017/service-overview-and-network-port-requirements-for-windows

PS: Did you know that Samba4 is compatible only until Windows Server 2008, yes?
- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,