Author Topic: Zentyal command or API to change IP address  (Read 3464 times)

jazzchia

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal command or API to change IP address
« on: April 09, 2019, 08:32:21 am »
I'm looking for a way to change the Zentyal server IP address without doing it through the Web UI. This is useful when the VM is moved to a new subnet, and access to the Web UI is not available, and console access is the only available method. Note that the X11 GUI is disabled to save resources.

I tried editing the file /etc/network/interfaces directly. The IP address of the server is changed after a reboot, but when I access the Zentyal Web UI, I still see the old IP address. I'm not sure where is Zentyal picking up the IP address to populate the Web UI.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal command or API to change IP address
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 11:32:01 pm »
I'm looking for a way to change the Zentyal server IP address without doing it through the Web UI. This is useful when the VM is moved to a new subnet, and access to the Web UI is not available, and console access is the only available method. Note that the X11 GUI is disabled to save resources.

I tried editing the file /etc/network/interfaces directly. The IP address of the server is changed after a reboot, but when I access the Zentyal Web UI, I still see the old IP address. I'm not sure where is Zentyal picking up the IP address to populate the Web UI.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Zentyal loads data from redis throught stubs. So, when restarting the services your data will be lost.

But, for your needs, I think you could reached your goals by using the gnu/linux ip command https://www.thegeekdiary.com/ip-command-cheat-sheet-command-line-reference/. So you don't need to edit any config file.  ;)

- Do my pigeons bother you passing over your land?
- They block the sun!

G. Guareschi., Don Camillo.,