Author Topic: Zentyal as Domain controller and windows as ADC  (Read 566 times)

dheerajsharma

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal as Domain controller and windows as ADC
« on: April 09, 2019, 07:10:33 am »
Hello,

Please help me with is topic how to configure Zentyal as a main domain controller and windows server as a backup domain controller like ADC.

i am not able to confiuger windows server as a Additional Domain Controller for Zentyal.

error is following
Verification of prerequisites for Active Directory preparation failed. Unable to perform Exchange schema conflict check for domain zentyal.local
Exception: The RPC server is unavailable.
Adprep could not retrieve data from the server zentyal.local through Windows Managment Instrumentation (WMI).
[User Action]
Check the log file ADPrep.log in the C:\Windows\debug\adprep\logs\20190408214417-test directory for possible cause of failure.

doncamilo

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal as Domain controller and windows as ADC
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 11:39:11 pm »
Hello,

Please help me with is topic how to configure Zentyal as a main domain controller and windows server as a backup domain controller like ADC.

i am not able to confiuger windows server as a Additional Domain Controller for Zentyal.

error is following
Verification of prerequisites for Active Directory preparation failed. Unable to perform Exchange schema conflict check for domain zentyal.local
Exception: The RPC server is unavailable.
Adprep could not retrieve data from the server zentyal.local through Windows Managment Instrumentation (WMI).
[User Action]
Check the log file ADPrep.log in the C:\Windows\debug\adprep\logs\20190408214417-test directory for possible cause of failure.

Could be the Zentyal firewall is blocking the RPC traffic?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/832017/service-overview-and-network-port-requirements-for-windows

PS: Did you know that Samba4 is compatible only until Windows Server 2008, yes?
"Tanta salud goces como bondad abrigues en tu corazón"

Don Camilo.

"That place... is strong with the
dark side of the Force.  A domain
of evil it is.  In you must go."

Yoda.