Author Topic: [SOLVED]NTP synch issue on additional domain controller after a power cut?  (Read 1157 times)

basselope

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Hello,

We have a small network with 2 Zentyal domain controllers.

Controller 1 is physical and connected to a UPS, Controller 2 is virtual and hosted on a machine that is not under UPS.

Yesterday morning there was a power cut so Controller 2 went down with its host, and Controller 1 stayed online.

When I got in the office I restarted Controller 2 host computer and the Zentyal virtual machine.

I had imagined the server time would update: both controllers are set up to synchronize with external servers and point to 3 machines from the ntp.org pool.

However, this did not happen and we had some authentication issues until we found out that the time on the controller we restarted was 25 minutes earlier than the other.

Why is this controller NOT updating its time when it is configured exactly like the other machine and has a working internet connection to reach ntp.org?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 12:42:19 pm by basselope »

basselope

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: NTP synch issue on additional domain controller after a power cut?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 11:39:20 am »
The issue was solved by disabling time synchronization between Zentyal VM (hosted) and the VM hosting computer.

This consisted in setting the paravirtualization interface to none in Virtual Box settings for the Zentyal VM.