Author Topic: error save dns module  (Read 3410 times)

paimcoop

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
error save dns module
« on: August 02, 2018, 11:56:24 am »
Hi,
I've an error saving DNS module
"The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: dns "
in /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log i've:

"2018/08/02 11:37:23 ERROR> GlobalImpl.pm:661 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules - Failed to save changes in module dns: root command kinit -k -t /var/lib/samb$
Error output: Password has expired
 dns-nettuno@ZENTYAL-DOMAIN.LAN's Password:

"
But i've no expiration on user password...
What can i do?
thanks

loderunner

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: error save dns module
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 03:09:48 am »
Hello paimcoop,

I got the same problem ... which results in my Zentyal machine being unable to resolve hostnames :-(
Unfortunately I have no solution either. Hoping for some help here ...

Regards,
Loderunner

gabriel.gheorghiu@abt.ro

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 09:32:37 am »
Hi to all!

Try this: https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,26766.msg98404.html#msg98404

It works for me in the past.
Hi,

I had the same issue.

I had installed Zentyal more than one year ago and the password for the samba admin has expired.

I read somewhere how to change the expiration period to "never expire" with samba admin tools, if I remember well, and it worked.
I think is written also here, on this forum.

But Google search will help you.

Gabriel

PS

https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,26766.msg98404.html#msg98404

loderunner

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 11:57:30 am »
Hi!

Thanks for the fast reply! The solution did work in principle, but now I got stuck with an even more complex error. I guess I will just reinstall from scratch, should not be that hard for my tiny home environment.

Thanks again and have a nice time!
Loderunner

loderunner

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 03:13:25 pm »
Hi All!

It seems to me the DNS implementation in Zentyal 5.1 is somehow completely broken. I tried to figure out what is wrong but encountered such a baffling amount of perl scripting and other shenanigans that I decided to abandon Zentyal. The easiness of setting up an AD Domain Controller is cool, but the forced integration of a not working DNS concept vexes me. Why do I even have to have the Zentyal server as the DNS server for my DNS domain? I have a plain vanilla bind9 on another box and would expect to just enter the name server information into the Zentyal configuration somewhere and be done.
Probably I am doing something wrong on the design level, but it all worked wonderfully up to the Zentyal 4.1 installation I ran the last 2 years. Suddenly after upgrading to 5.1 I can no longer work with the AD Domain and all error messages on various devices (mainly timeouts when accessing LDAP or Kerberos) point to the fact that name resolution and/or reverse lookup does no longer work on the Zentyal machine.
I spent hours now trying to figure it all out - from now on I will spend the time getting rid of that woeful Microsoft crap alltogether and either revert to local user management on all my devices or check out some LDAP server concepts.

Sorry to be such a whiner, but I need to vent my frustration somehow :-)

Regards and bye,
Loderunner         

gabriel.gheorghiu@abt.ro

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 12:10:34 pm »
Hi,

If you want a good AD Domain Controller (and not only that!), Try NethServer.
It's based on CentOS, but you'll have a very friendly and powerful community forum to help you.
I still use Zentyal as an e-mail server because I can use it as a multi domain email server and also as an authoritative DNS because of the graphical interface, even I have some issues with reverse zones.

Kind regards,
Gabriel

paimcoop

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 11:58:41 am »
Hi
I've stop expiration date of password with command
sudo samba-tool domain passwordsettings..
and now it's work!!
but i've a probleam whi 3 package upgrade:
- libgs9
- binutils
- libgs9-common
when I try ad to update these packages it gives me error:
"...unable to fetch some archives maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?"
any suggestion?
thenks