Author Topic: Proxy Object Policy  (Read 2352 times)

ecea

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Proxy Object Policy
« on: March 08, 2010, 07:55:34 pm »
Hello. I have a doubt configuring the web proxy:

I'm trying to configure an Object policy for the web proxy. My test system contains an object with several IPs on it, lets call it SalesPCs. I want to apply a restrictive filter called no_videos on these computers so I added a SalesPCs Object Policy and set Filter as Policy, but now I can't choose no_videos filter group for the Object Policy. The only option I have is a column to choose an User Group wich I don't understand at all. What is that column for?

Gracias.

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: Proxy Object Policy
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 09:31:10 pm »
Hi, I suppose you are using eBox 1.4, if not this is not going to be useful for you.

The support for object policies with different filtering profiles has been added recently, and it's still experimental, if you want to try it, do the following:

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and and this line:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ebox/1.4-proposed/ubuntu hardy main

Then execute:

apt-get update
apt-get install ebox-squid

This will install ebox-squid 1.4.2 with the feature you want, but take into account that it hasn't been tested enough yet.

We will be glad to hear your feedback if you want to test it! ;)
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

ecea

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 09:50:57 am »
Thank you, maños  ;)

What I don't understand is what is the group column for in object filtering policies? I have read and read the documentation and have no idea. Is it a way to filter only certain users in the net object?

If this is true the actual object policy only alows to swith proxy on and off for an object depending on the hour and day of the week. Am I right?

Javier Amor Garcia

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 10:13:03 am »
What I don't understand is what is the group column for in object filtering policies?

Is to allow/disallow access to user groups to the object

If this is true the actual object policy only allows to switch proxy on and off for an object depending on the hour and day of the week.
You can select any of the 6 policies for the object. But the time period option only controls when the access to the proxy is granted. (the time periods are incompatible with filter policies).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 10:45:44 am by sixstone »