Author Topic: API - Documentation  (Read 2978 times)

linuxmaniac

• Zen Apprentice
  • Death is just beginning..
    • View Profile
API - Documentation
« on: December 10, 2010, 10:35:36 am »
hey,
I want to use some of Zentyal functionality directly from the terminal,
I managed to do few , after looking at some tutorial and so on, but i was
unable to find any official documentation that could help me out.
I'm not looking to build a module, all i want is to write some scripts to automate
some of the work.

So is there any kind of developers or API documentations that could ease my task?

thanks in advance.

linuxmaniac

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: API - Documentation
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:24:29 am »
So guys
NO one here can help me out with this???

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 11:32:12 am »
No, I'm afraid there is no other API reference than directly looking at the code right now... We hope to have it in the future. The first thing we are going to do is to update the module developers guide (http://people.zentyal.org/~josh/moddev.pdf). The API reference will come later.

Anyway, maybe you can find the moddev.pdf useful if you haven't looked at it yet.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

linuxmaniac

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 12:36:56 pm »
No, I'm afraid there is no other API reference than directly looking at the code right now... We hope to have it in the future. The first thing we are going to do is to update the module developers guide (http://people.zentyal.org/~josh/moddev.pdf). The API reference will come later.

Anyway, maybe you can find the moddev.pdf useful if you haven't looked at it yet.
Thank you for the reply.
I already checked that file and it was an intro, but wasn't enough...
Anyways thanks for your reply and hope there will be an api documentation,
even if we have to pay  for it.
regards

robb

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:37:45 pm »
I hope you guys at Zentyal are VERY aware the documentation part of zentyal is a major issue for the future success of the zentyal server.

Personaly I am quite impressed by the packages as a whole. The way all things are working together is just great, and having Ubuntu as a base is a huge pro (at least for me), but the lack of documentation makes zentyal a BIG problem for companies that are looking for a MS SBS replacement. It might even turn companies off from zentyal and go to SME or ClearOS.

Can there be a more precise roadmap of when documentation (in english!) will be available for admins as well as developers?

linuxmaniac

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 08:20:12 am »
I hope you guys at Zentyal are VERY aware the documentation part of zentyal is a major issue for the future success of the zentyal server.

Personaly I am quite impressed by the packages as a whole. The way all things are working together is just great, and having Ubuntu as a base is a huge pro (at least for me), but the lack of documentation makes zentyal a BIG problem for companies that are looking for a MS SBS replacement. It might even turn companies off from zentyal and go to SME or ClearOS.

Can there be a more precise roadmap of when documentation (in english!) will be available for admins as well as developers?

Totally agree you with here robb...

mrpsycho

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 08:27:57 pm »
NEVER!!!! AHAHAHAH!