Author Topic: Zentyal jigsaw piece missing  (Read 1249 times)

noclue

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal jigsaw piece missing
« on: February 02, 2018, 05:13:57 am »
I am a Windows admin and looking at alternatives to always having to upgrade Windows versions. This was spurred on by the need to upgrade to PHP6 but find it is no longer compatible with Windows 2003 or XP based computers. Instead of forking out more license fees to upgrade Windows I am now considering migrating over to a Linux based AD/DC. I have been running Zentyal for a couple weeks and running tests on it and it has been stable and troublefree. For all intents and purposes I believe it can replace my Windows SBS 2003 server.  I don't want to get bogged down in system configurations and I like Z5's simple setup and maintenance. My next test will be backup and restore strategies and if that proves successful I will commit to the migration.

One last piece of the jigsaw however: I run an internal website on my Windows box but I am confused how to do this with Zentyal 5. I understand Z5 has moved over to Nginx from Apache. I also understand that Zentyal uses stubs and master templates as global policies for their services and therefore one should not simply edit the CONF files. In the simplest way and method could someone instruct me as to how to create a HTDOCS directory for my website and include this in the Nginx master template so that my internal users can call the webpages. I also assume installing PHP and MySQL will be as simple as issuing an apt-get command over the internet.