Author Topic: Join a Zentyal 5.0 to an existing Zentyal 4.2 based domain  (Read 2543 times)

denis.morejon

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Join a Zentyal 5.0 to an existing Zentyal 4.2 based domain
« on: December 26, 2017, 05:29:46 pm »
I want to upgrade two Zentyal 4.2 Domain Controllers (with IP1 and IP2) to two Zentyal 5.0 based DCs.

I demoted one of them (the second one) an deleted it, to add a new Zentyal 5.0 server with the IP2. There is an error when I'm trying to add the Zentyal 5.0 server.  Why?

/var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log:

Unxpectedly got mismatching RDN values when checking RDN against name of CN=NTDS Settings,CN=ZENTYAL2\0ADEL:6d5d4228-db54-46b0-9be1-32596844f196,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=dtcf,DC=etecsa,DC=cuFailed to convert object CN=NTDS Settings,CN=ZENTYAL2\0ADEL:6d5d4228-db54-46b0-9be1-32596844f196,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=dtcf,DC=etecsa,DC=cu: WERR_GEN_FAILURE
 Failed to convert objects: WERR_GEN_FAILURE
 ldb_wrap open of secrets.ldb
 Could not find machine account in secrets database: Failed to fetch machine account password for DTCF from both secrets.ldb (Could not find entry to match filter: '(&(flatname=DTCF)(objectclass=primaryDomain))' base: 'cn=Primary Domains': No such object: dsdb_search at ../source4/dsdb/common/util.c:4576) and from /var/lib/samba/private/secrets.tdb: NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
 ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (31, "Failed to process 'chunk' of DRS replicated objects: WERR_GEN_FAILURE")
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 176, in _run
     return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 661, in run
     machinepass=machinepass, use_ntvfs=use_ntvfs, dns_backend=dns_backend)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1269, in join_DC
     ctx.do_join()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1177, in do_join
     ctx.join_replicate()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 895, in join_replicate
     replica_flags=ctx.replica_flags)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/drs_utils.py", line 258, in replicate
     schema=schema, req_level=req_level, req=req)

decibel83

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Join a Zentyal 5.0 to an existing Zentyal 4.2 based domain
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 10:30:31 am »
Hi Denis,
i have the very same error, in a similar situation: DC1 upgraded to Zentyal 5, new DC2 on new Zentyal 5, try to add DC2 as additional domain controller, same error as you.

Did you manage in solve this problem?

Thanks!

decibel83

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 12:03:36 pm »
Hi,
the following command on the existing Primary Domain Controller solved my problem:

Code: [Select]
samba-tool dbcheck --fix
Thanks!

desperados

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 03:53:31 pm »
Hi,
the following command on the existing Primary Domain Controller solved my problem:

Code: [Select]
samba-tool dbcheck --fix
Thanks!

me too, thanks!