Author Topic: OpenChange replacement?  (Read 2130 times)

efarayenkay

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
OpenChange replacement?
« on: October 26, 2017, 02:18:35 am »
All

Since OpenChange has been removed from Zentyal, and its website apparently gone (though the git repo still exists) are there any plans to offer a replacement?  One of the drawcards for Zentyal was a drop-in replacement for Windows SBS, along with full auto configuration for Outlook and ActiveSync.  As such I was rather dismayed (to put it lightly) when I tried to connect Outlook to my newly set up and updated 5.0 installation and it didn't work.  While searching for the reason why, I learned that OpenChange had been removed in version 5.0, with no explanation or plan for replacement.

ActiveSync and Autodiscover were my whole reason to try Zentyal, so you can imagine my disappointment.  Aside from this letdown, my experience has been positive.  There's a few idiosyncrasies in the DNS management I'd like to correct, and once I get a development environment set up I look forward to digging in and doing my bit for the cause.

As for OpenChange's removal, are there any plans to replace it, or is anyone in the community working on such a project?

Thanks