Author Topic: SOGo fails after an upgrade to Zentyal 5 - SOLVED!  (Read 2816 times)

bragrabb

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
SOGo fails after an upgrade to Zentyal 5 - SOLVED!
« on: September 05, 2017, 10:30:00 pm »
Hi there!

I've just upgraded from Zentyal 4.2 to Zentyal 5 and after that Active Sync and Webmail does not work. SOGo is up and running, Apache2 is up and running and the FW in Zentyal is open on both 80 and 443.

If I try to access webmail with  http://<server>/SOGo everything looks great
If I try to access webmail with https://<server>/SOGo I get this error message stating from Firefox:
"SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG"
What's a bit strange (at least to me :) ) is that if I use http://<server>:443/SOGo I can access webmail, even though Firefox complaints that the connection is insecure.

In /var/log/apache2/error.log I've found this message:

[ssl:warn] [pid 5747] AH01916: Init: (<server>:443) You configured HTTP(80) on the standard HTTPS(443) port!

Is this error message related to my problem or is it something else that is wrong?

I've tried to uninstall zentyal-sogo, purge all config files, reboot and the reinstall zentyal-sogo but the problem is till there.

All suggestions will be appreciated since I'm totally stuck here.  :(

Regards
/Mathias

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:28:39 pm by bragrabb »

lalpi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: SOGo fails after an upgrade to Zentyal 5
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 02:31:07 am »
looks like a misconfigured virtualhost configuration. try the following if it fixes the problem.
Code: [Select]
sudo a2ensite default-ssl
sudo a2enmodule ssl

bragrabb

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: SOGo fails after an upgrade to Zentyal 5
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 09:47:49 pm »
Hi lalpi, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not work.
/Mathias

bragrabb

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: SOGo fails after an upgrade to Zentyal 5 - SOLVED!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:28:12 pm »
Hi there!

Finally I've had this problem resolved. I had to purge several packages and then the problem was fixed. But before you follow the steps below I think it's wise to first try the very simple solution proposed by lalpi earlier in this thread. And also, please read through all the steps before getting started. You've been warned! All known and unknown disclaimers are valid.  ;)

root@zaq:/# sudo apt-get purge zentyal-sogo

Then I had to purge apache2 and all its dependencies, as reported by apt-get "The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required". But instead of using autoremove i purged them to also have configuration files removed.

root@zaq:/# sudo apt-get purge apache2 apache2-bin apache2-data libaprutil1-dbd-sqlite3 libaprutil1-ldap liblua5.1-0 libstring-random-perl

For some reason apache's config files in /etc/apache2 was not removed during the purge so I manually had to remove it, or rather rename the folder.

root@zaq:/# mv /etc/apache2 /etc/apache2.old

I continued and purged sogo as well. It might be that this is what I should have done from the very beginning but hey, I'm only human...  :-[

root@zaq:/# sudo apt-get purge sogo

Then I continued with re-installing zentyal-sogo . apt-get took care of all dependencies and installed apache2 together with a bunch of other packages.

root@zaq:/# sudo apt-get install zentyal-sogo
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  apache2 apache2-bin apache2-data libaprutil1-dbd-sqlite3 libaprutil1-ldap liblua5.1-0 libstring-random-perl sogo sogo-activesync
Suggested packages:
  apache2-doc apache2-suexec-pristine | apache2-suexec-custom ufw
The following NEW packages will be installed
  apache2 apache2-bin apache2-data libaprutil1-dbd-sqlite3 libaprutil1-ldap liblua5.1-0 libstring-random-perl sogo sogo-activesync zentyal-sogo
0 to upgrade, 10 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.

There was some error messages reported from apache during installation but I ignored those. I opened Zentyal's web interface and then activated the package. After that everything was up and running again!

Case closed!  ::)

lucrus

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: SOGo fails after an upgrade to Zentyal 5 - SOLVED!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 06:14:35 pm »
Sorry for resuming this old thread, but I'm about to do the same things suggested by bragrabb and I'm not sure if I can safely purge the packages without loosing my planner data.