Author Topic: User Mail filters not filtering in Zentyal 5.0  (Read 1359 times)

pyromanci

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
User Mail filters not filtering in Zentyal 5.0
« on: July 20, 2017, 10:32:34 pm »
So i just recently installed Zentyal on a fresh server. I was looking through and found that if I log into the webmail and go to Preferences > Mail > Filters. Then create a filter like so:

Then from that email address in the rule (which is different from the one I have created in Zentyal) and email my self. The email shows up in the inbox and is never moved.

I'm not sure how to go about trouble shooting this and before i move my primary email accounts over to Zentyal i need to figure this out. Otherwise my inbox will get overwhelmed with the amount of automated reports that gets emailed to my self.

Anyone got any advise as to where to start looking? I did go into /var/vmail/sieve but there was nothing there.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:34:50 pm by pyromanci »

pyromanci

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: User Mail filters not filtering in Zentyal 5.0
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 02:39:51 pm »
Does anyone have any idea?

Or is Zentyal a dead product and i should be looking at different solution?

As i looked at the bug tracker and this has been a reported since Feburary. One would guess that if this was an active ecosystem it would have been fixed by now.

mikeee404

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: User Mail filters not filtering in Zentyal 5.0
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 03:37:00 am »
yeah, unfortunately the "support" for the development edition is very very lacking. I have actually had better luck in the Ubuntu forums. Here you are a tester more or less that sometimes warrants help. Best I can guess is you get good support with the paid edition only. I have been using this for two years and have had little to no help in this forum, again mostly had to piece together my own help through the Ubuntu forum. Decommissioning my server this weekend and moving to ClearOS, support has been great over in the community edition forums. Guess on that OS they see the potential of up selling the free edition to the paid by gaining your trust in the free edition. Here you can't even upgrade the free edition to paid if you wanted to, requires a complete re-install.

Best I can say is check the logs in /var/log through the shell and see if anything comes up related to this in the mail logs.