Author Topic: Adding an additional Domain Controller.. unclear what to enter  (Read 2364 times)

seamanjeff

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
So in the dialog below, it's not clear to me what to put in each field.

Domain Controller FQDN - the existing domain controller or the new one I'm trying to join?

DNS Server IP - the existing DNS ip or the ip of the new server I'm trying to join?

I have tried several variations - a total of 4 reinstallations and I have not succeeded entirely yet.  Can we begin by getting total clarity on what is supposed to be entered in each field?

Oh, the forum's broken so I can't include an image ?  Well I guess you either have to cut and paste this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUqRvN2HyLXa1labE9DbWpIcGs/view?usp=sharing  or I get no help.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:09:41 pm by seamanjeff »

gofast321

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Adding an additional Domain Controller.. unclear what to enter
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 06:12:43 pm »
OK, let me see if I can help.

Server1 = Current PDC
Server2 = New DC that you are attempting to add to the domain

Realm: This should be your domain. ie example.com
Domain controller FQDN: This should be the FQDN of Server1.  ie. server1.example.com
Domain DNS server IP: This should be the IP of your current DNS server. I'm guessing in your case either Server1 or the internal IP of your ISP router.
Administrator account: This needs to be an account of a user that has rights to add machines to the domain. If Server1 is a Zentyal box make sure that this account is part of the schema admin group.
NetBIOS domain name: This should be the domain without the .com, .org, etc.  For this situation it would just be 'example'
NetBIOS computer name: Name of the new DC you are setting up. ie. Server2

Hope this helps.

Pravin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:01:03 pm »
Hello geeks,

I'm totally new here I installed Zen4.2 and created PDC secessfully but I'm unable to add the same server to my existing
Windows Domain controller it's giving me following error:

Some modules reported error when saving changes . More information on the logs in /var/log/zentyal/

The local domain zentyal-domain.lan must match the AD server domain Example.COM.

I tried  to Restart DC/FS, Ubable/Disable module, update, upgrade but still

"Domain Controller and File Sharing    Stopped"

please help....

happnatious1

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 02:53:32 pm »
you cannot add a primary domain controller to another primary domain controller. Re-install zentyal as a backup domain controller to your existing windows Primary domain controller.

Pravin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 08:54:01 pm »
Hello happnatious1,

Thanks for reply

and

Really sorry for too late reply!

can you please guide me for the same, what steps should I follow?