Author Topic: Another upgrade issue.  (Read 1712 times)

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Another upgrade issue.
« on: March 02, 2017, 05:15:40 pm »
Folks may want to hold off doing upgrades to 5.0 for a while. I just did a kernal upgrade and now the system is almost unusable. I can get to it remotely, but no zentyal services seem to be running. Plymouth seems to be waiting on something. DNS (bind) fails to start with a string of errors starting with "ldb: unable to dlopen /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ldb/modules/ldb/asq.so". So it looks like something with samba is borked again, and most of Zentyal depends on samba.

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Another upgrade issue.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:25:06 pm »
Rolling back the kernal upgrade (linux-image-4.4.0-65-generic) seems to resolve the issue.

Derevko

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 07:06:57 am »
Is still someone take care of Zentyal? I've already submitted this bug, but no one is take of care of it. I see that there is no developer activity on trac. Is Zentyal dead?

vanoudt

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 09:14:45 am »
I just spent literally HOURS on this issue. Turns out, it's an apparmour thing. GRRR!!!!

Here's what fixed it for me:
ln -s /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.named /etc/apparmor.d/force-complain/usr.sbin.named

Not sure if the command
aa-complain /usr/sbin/named did anything either.

In looking for this, I was upgrading, downgrading all over the shop!  I see now there are other suggestions here in the forums to actually fix the  apparmor settings properly, but this works!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:06:55 pm by vanoudt »