Author Topic: Dashboard shows 1 component updates, but nothing listed in component updates  (Read 1229 times)

AlecM

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
We have two Zentyal systems (PDC and BDC), both running 5.0.9.  On the web admin dashboard, under the "Software" status, we are seeing "1 component updates" (sic), but when we click on that status to view the Zentyal Components page, there is nothing listed under the "Update" list.  Screen-shots 01 and 02 attached below.

Accessing the system via PuTTY, the post-login summary also indicates a package to update (image 03).

Running "apt-get upgrade" (after autoclean, autoremove and update), apt indicates 2 packages, one of which is zentyal-core (image 04).

Cancelling that upgrade, logging out and back in again, the summary still lists only 1 package to upgrade, even though apt is actually listing 2.

Is anyone else seeing this (or been through allowing the upgrade without problems)?

AlecM

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Supplemental: (Since I cannot add more attachments when editing an existing message)
Using
Code: [Select]
apt-cache show zentyal-corethe pending update is for 5.0.10 (image 05 attached).

So I'm puzzled why this isn't showing on the web console as a proper system update?

AlecM

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Ok - so answering my own question...
On our BDC (which I felt was less issue to risk if things went wrong), I ran;

Code: [Select]
apt-get upgrade
As per suggestion in the "how to make a good post" sticky... ::)

And once that completed (image 06) then checked the admin web dashboard, which confirmed the status (image 07).

Lexa6283

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Thank you, I was also having this same issue.... This fixed it