Author Topic: WebAdmin Issue  (Read 1623 times)

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
WebAdmin Issue
« on: January 07, 2021, 07:31:40 pm »
I am currently running 3 Zentyal 6.2 servers. I haven't made any changes to any of them recently but all of a sudden sogo and webadmin stopped working on one of them. Restarting the sogo services fixes it (have to do it after every reboot), but restarting the webadmin service does not error or appear to resolve anything. Force purging all the firewall rules and completely opening up the box doesn't help either. The zentyal log isn't helpful and there is are two uwsgi webadmin processes running. There doesn't seem to be a webadmin log. Can somebody please give me some ideas on how to try and troubleshoot this? It's kind of hard to admin the server without webadmin.

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WebAdmin Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 07:45:54 pm »
So I was comparing and contrasting one server with another, and the problem child service is having a problem running the nginx web server. I've never messed with nginx before, but that is my next step. The error I am getting is: nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:80 failed (98: Address already in use)

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:10:11 pm »
I used "lsof -i :80" to determine that apache is using that port on all the servers but only the problem server isn't happy about it. If I configure apache to not use that port nginx is happy but webadmin still doesn't work, and according to ps it isn't using some special "/var/lib/zentyal/conf/nginx.conf" config. If I try to use the special zentyal config as the default nginx config I get a 'nginx: [emerg] "user" directive is not allowed here' error.

So after all that I think the problem is for some reason nginx has stopped using the special zentyal configuration for some reason. So can anybody tell me how that is supposed to work so I can try and figure out what has gone wrong?

chinmaycomp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 10:49:24 am »
Hi,
Did your Zentyal upgrade to the latest version? I guess that would be Zentyal Core 6.2.4 and Zentyal Certification Authority 6.2.0
That recent update screws up with the certificate path for nginx. Even I faced the same issue and was left with no other choice but to restore the entire DC from previous backup. Nothing else seemed to work.
There was also a possible solution posted here: https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,35112.0.html
I did not get the chance to try the solution, maybe you can try it out.

regards

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WebAdmin Issue [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 08:41:19 pm »
Well, I guess I upgraded use apt-get dist-upgrade so that's probably it. Long story short I realized that my other two Zentyal servers are 5.1, so that is probably why this is the only one of the three affected. I ended up having to apt-get purge all the zentyal packages and installing from scratch to resolve the problem.

johan.badenhorst

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 06:48:30 am »
@nontrivial.

Did you loose all your configuration? I have the except same problem. This is However a production server and I cannot loose any of the configurations.

Thanks

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 04:04:43 pm »
The short answer is no, except for the custom hooks that got blown away. All the settings and samba setup seem to be fine after I reinstalled. But I would highly encourage you to back up as much as possible since there is some risk. If you are going to try this I would say be careful removing Zentyal packages, specifically keeping dependencies in mind. So you should remove mailfilter before mail, etc. You probably want to "zs firewall stop" first thing as well.