Author Topic: Traffic Shaping in Zentyal 5.0  (Read 2814 times)

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Traffic Shaping in Zentyal 5.0
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:41:25 pm »
During installation, I'm not seeing the traffic shaping module I liked so much in previous versions of Zentyal:

Can you please direct me to documentation for how I might set this up in Zentyal 5?

Lonniebiz

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Traffic Shaping in Zentyal 5.0
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 05:57:42 pm »
I'm still waiting for a reply on this. How do I implement traffic shaping on a Zentyal 5.0 gateway?

This is the only thing stopping us from Upgrading to 5.0. You see, our IP phone system requires priory on our network. We can't allow any user's bandwidth-intensive-activities to degrade VOIP call-quality on all the phones. Zentyal 4 provides the traffic shaping module and that works well for our VOIP prioritizing.

However, we cannot upgrade to Zentyal 5 until we know how to implement this same degree of VOIP prioritizing that we are currently enjoying in Zentyal 4.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:29:42 pm by Lonniebiz »

cobaltblue047

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Traffic Shaping in Zentyal 5.0
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 05:58:10 pm »
Hi Lonniebiz,

I've also looked for a solution to this, it seems the only shaping that is available comes from the http proxy. The module in 4.0 for traffic shaping was removed. I'm looking for some alternatives in ubuntu proper to see it can be done efficiently. Best of luck!