Author Topic: Binding Windows 7 Client to Zentyal Server  (Read 1495 times)

alntp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Binding Windows 7 Client to Zentyal Server
« on: December 23, 2016, 01:51:47 pm »
Dear all

Since a while I'm trying to bind a Windows 7 test client to my Zentyal Server which is supposed to act as a DC.
On the network everything is reachable and works, I can use any kind of LDAP client to check out the forest.
However, if I try to join the domain with the client, I get the credentials prompt and afterwards it says that the DNS name cannot be resolved.
My researches result into the information that I need a very specific DNS record which contains the DC's GUID.
So... how do I find it out? I've compared with Microsoft ActiveDirectory servers and saw that this is up to several missing records on my DNS.
I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who wants to go this step, but what function/button/feature... did I miss?
Using the latest developer edition of Zentyal.

Thanks & merry Christmas!

alntp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Binding Windows 7 Client to Zentyal Server
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:45:30 am »
Does anybody has any statement?

alntp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 01:25:43 pm »
I see... it's sad that not even the developer reacts on a simple mail request. Therefore: Zentyal cannot be used if no kind of support is working. :-(

Joan Marc Guillamon

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 03:10:08 pm »
Hello alntp,

Where are you resolving DNS? In your server? In your router? Another computer?

ps: Keep in mind that if you are using the development version you are not granted a proper service, you may be helped or you may not.. or if you are lucky some user can try to help you

alntp

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 11:24:34 am »
Hi,

I'm resolving on another computer in a different network but everything is reachable.
However, it's uninstalled and being replaced by an alternative software solution... unless somebody can really provide a good support.
I'm aware development edition is not with a full support, but I have expected something more anyway, unfortunately.

Regards.