Author Topic: Zentyal 5 ERROR  (Read 8078 times)

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 5 ERROR
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 10:31:10 pm »
Sorry,  I missed the fstab comment.   What happens if you perform a remount manually before trying to add the share?

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 07:18:49 pm »
Nevermind,  I have replicated your problem.

Confirmed that additional mounted drives are rejected by zentyal with an explanation to add acl to the mount options.  The option is applied to the mount and confirmed with tune2fs and tested as functioning by applying acls to a test directory.

Adding to that,  I tried to configure a share with the "Directory under Zentyal" option.  It claims to successfully create it and advertises it as available but there is no /home/samba directory.  In my case it is not possible to test further because the samba domain does not seem to be fully initialized.

jclendineng

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 10:10:38 pm »
Weird! I've had the Samba issues since 4.2 but was always able to do them via command line. I can now as well but zentyal overwrites shares on reboot unfortunately.

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 01:01:32 pm »
The acl problem should be fixed with zentyal-samba 5.0.1, please upgrade and confirm. Thanks.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

jclendineng

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 01:05:03 pm »
I would literally love if this fixed it. I installed nautilus tools, Samba system tools and tried to edit the smb.conf and global variables wouldn't stock through a reboot. I don't really care if  zentyal supports Samba but as long as it's not blocking custom globals I'm good as gold :) thanks for all your work guys.

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2016, 12:04:47 am »
The updated packages seems to have cured the issues up.  I did have to un install then re-install the samba module to get it working.

jclendineng

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 03:13:10 am »
What did you do exactly? I couldn't get it to work.  I edited fstab and made sure acl was enabled, remounted, rebooted, etc and its still not liking the drive.  Weird thing is that mtab doesn't show it mounted acl but fstab is telling it to, so don't know what is being lost between them.

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 05:15:33 pm »
It was pretty straightforward.
 I first updated to the 5.01 packages via the web interface.
I then attempted to create a share  via "Directory Under Zentyal"  and found it still to be broken.
I removed the "Doman Controller and File Sharing" module under Zentyal Components  ---> Delete
It added a few other modules that were dependent on that module.
I reinstalled the deleted modules.
I enabled "Domain Controller and File Sharing" under modules.
Once that was complete I added a user and tested the various permutations for shares.

jclendineng

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 05:17:33 pm »
I did that, but I'll try again. Super weird :)

jclendineng

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2016, 03:00:11 am »
I did a full wipe and reinstall and now it reboots consistently all the time, networking works on reboot and samba works.  My only issue now is mysql is now not letting me login :D

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

I started in safe mode, and reset the password, but it still doesnt let me login to a mysql terminal.  I tried pulling the default zentyal pass and thats a no go as well.  I dont want to do a purge, as zentyal has a database i would lose and screw up the system.  I can connect to the database on a reboot, but no password works.

Edit: yep turns out purging mysql wasnt great but its fixed now.

"root" and "zarafa" are defaults for ebox, "zentyal" and "password_from_file" are mysql logins, though zentyal doesnt have permission to create databases.  I cannot for the life of me figure out the pass for "root"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:23:30 am by jclendineng »

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2016, 04:26:45 am »
try :
Code: [Select]
sudo su
mysql
works here.

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2016, 04:36:08 am »
BTW if you have started in safe mode ie with --skip-grant-tables switch, you are already in a position to create your user and give them rights to *.*.

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2016, 05:01:55 am »
The root user does not have a password assigned for @localhost.
You can check this with this sql statement
Code: [Select]
select * from mysql.user where User like 'root%';Change the statement from root to zentyal for contrast.

jclendineng

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 05:28:42 am »
skip grant tables prevents you from creating/deleting users though, And the only way I can login is through safe mode with that variable.  Im trying to figure out a way to recreate root user through safe mode.  I see the password hash, I can change it and visually check and see that it has been changed, but I still cannot login as root.  Never run into that issue on 16.04 before :D

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2016, 05:34:58 am »
Did you sudo su or did you mysql -u root   ?