Author Topic: Zentyal 5 ERROR  (Read 8026 times)

mitko992

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 5 ERROR
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:46:04 pm »
H1 I get error after set external interface:
Some modules reported error when saving changes . More information on the logs in /var/log/zentyal/

The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: dns mail

And after that DNS stop working!
Please FIX it!
:)

friedmar

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 5 ERROR
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 04:23:42 pm »
I got a similar issue. Zentyal 5 is loosing the default gateway! I could reproduce ist an a real and a virtual system!

jclendineng

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:10:33 pm »
This is a buggy mess. 5th time installing and same thing. No internet, dns is broken, will not set up a gateway, very unfortunate. Might go back to 4.2 because I'm honestly not sure how this was production ready. Doesn't seem as though they tested it at all. Samba errors with the dns errors, but the big thing is no internet.

jclendineng

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 08:50:28 pm »
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

Enter that and you will get internet back, still massive dns errors and no gateway showing up but at least its usable.  Samba is STILL broken, doesn't see acl on any mounts even when acl is enabled on them.  You will need to enter that network restart command on every reboot.  First time I booted it booted to command line so I had to edit the grub bootloader to get it to boot to the gui.  I can fix stuff like that but man alive, how could you recommend it when 4.2 was broken, 5 broke it more.  Im sure they will fix it but after waiting a year for 4.2 to work I am not holding my breath.

Any folder I try to share gives me this as well:

The mount point '/mnt/share' must be mounted with 'acl' option. This is required for permissions to work properly.

Fstab is correct, mtab doesnt pull in correct info though, so basically its unusable untill mtab pulls in the acl from fstab.

mitko992

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 09:28:19 pm »
Many, many bugs. Unuseble version developed for 2 days. Please fix all bugs, else this version is very buggy!

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 01:58:31 pm »
There is a new ISO with several fixes, please check with md5sum if you are using the newest one if you try again (http://download.zentyal.com/zentyal-5.0-development-amd64.iso.md5).
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

pcready.cl

• Zen Samurai
  • Zentyal Installer in Chile
    • View Profile
    • PC Ready Chile SpA
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 04:34:28 pm »
There is a new ISO with several fixes, please check with md5sum if you are using the newest one if you try again (http://download.zentyal.com/zentyal-5.0-development-amd64.iso.md5).

Dont work for me, internel still down after service networking restart...

:-\
Email: contacto@pcready.cl
Teléfono: (+56 32) 314 0883
Web: https://www.pcready.cl

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 06:15:49 pm »

Dont work for me, internel still down after service networking restart...

:-\

There should not be any need of restart networking manually... anywyay, it's difficult to fix the problem without a clear way to reproduce it, I don't have any "internet down" behavior in any of my tests installations, so any additional detailed information may help a lot. Thanks in advance.

jclendineng

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 11:23:24 pm »
Its a problem.  I have 3 nics, 2 internal and 1 external/wan.  I set wan dhcp, and lan on there various subnets and when I save I lose all internet for good.  Only way to fix is restarting networking services, after every reboot.  Other than that, it is stable enough, Samba throwing fits but thats normal.  I noticed they updated the network services but problem is still present after reboot.  Its throwing dns resolution errors if that helps.  I can replicate when I get home and take some screen shots of the config I have and the dns error the browser throws.  Its just not resolving anything.  This happens before any DNS settings have been changed, ie. stock.  So in summary, are you replicating the issue on a clean install or did you try and actually set up and use the server functionality? It works on install, just breaks when we save network settings.  I might try the new file later, if I can restore settings from the og 5.0 build.

Edit: Something got fixed!!!! I now see the proper gateway under network.  Before, nothing was populating the interface section.  Thats exciting.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 11:26:57 pm by jclendineng »

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 05:23:56 am »
Edit: Something got fixed!!!! I now see the proper gateway under network.  Before, nothing was populating the interface section.  Thats exciting.

So, you confirm that your issue is gone after upgrading to zentyal-network 5.0.1 or do you still have any other problem with the network?

jclendineng

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 09:34:13 am »
It started working, I rebooted and it works.  Ive uploaded the other 2 errors I get as well, and fstab is correct, it must be a backend thing, or I need to use ext4, but NTFS *SHOULD* work? Also, it errors when saving at random...sometimes it works but I do get a lot of mail and dns saving errors.

Edit : oops I almost forgot. No gui when you boot. It's a grub issue I believe and if I edit it, update grub and startx it normally brings up the gui. It isn't at the moment :p but I'm working on it. I'll update when I find the cause.

Edit 2: rebooted and not only no gui but startx does not work. Also a ton of dns errors and no internet to wired machines, though wireless works after about 5 minutes. Bummer
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:17:10 pm by jclendineng »

jclendineng

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 09:34:30 am »
here is the samba error

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 09:53:31 pm »
It started working, I rebooted and it works.  Ive uploaded the other 2 errors I get as well, and fstab is correct, it must be a backend thing, or I need to use ext4, but NTFS *SHOULD* work? Also, it errors when saving at random...sometimes it works but I do get a lot of mail and dns saving errors.

Edit : oops I almost forgot. No gui when you boot. It's a grub issue I believe and if I edit it, update grub and startx it normally brings up the gui. It isn't at the moment :p but I'm working on it. I'll update when I find the cause.

Edit 2: rebooted and not only no gui but startx does not work. Also a ton of dns errors and no internet to wired machines, though wireless works after about 5 minutes. Bummer

I had the same networking issues you had with the initial install.  I grabbed the updated ISOs and reinstalled.  When I rebooted I too still had the problem in networking.  I shutdown and performed a cold start to get things working  *shrug*.   Now I no longer have gateway and routing issues.

Your second issue is probably not what you think.  When I bring up mine (vm running on Proxmox and using Spice remote display protocol)  it presents a cli login from a virtual terminal.   If I send an ctl-alt-F7 key combination it switches to the already running lxde environment.  I actually prefer not to have a gui running so if this ever actually makes it to production for me,  it will be with the headless option.

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 10:02:50 pm »
The samba error is being generated by your mounted drive (/dev/sdb1).  You need to alter the mount options in /etc/fstab to include an acl option and remount the drive before you will be able to share it via samba.  Note the drive may be referenced by its UUID which can be found with blkid.

jclendineng

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 10:06:01 pm »
Yes, as I said, fstab is good, which is what makes it weird. I ended up editing smb.conf and adding it manually which worked of course but doesn't survive a reboot. I'll fix that later. Would be nice if file sharing natively supported Samba beyond the walled garden. Fstab is all good, mtab doesn't show acl which is super weird but it should pull from fstab and its not. I'll figure it out. The network /dns issue is the main thing.