Author Topic: Deploy Printer with GP Error  (Read 3533 times)

AaronAudian

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Deploy Printer with GP Error
« on: November 21, 2016, 11:00:45 pm »
Hello, I've setup a couple Zentyal servers to act as a Domain controller but now Im running into a strange problem. I've installed the server administration tools for windows 10 x64 and now I can manage the user accounts via Active Directory Users and Computers.

The issue Im running into is when I attempt to Deploy a printer via GP from the Print Management mmc, when I click on the Browse button I get: Group Policy Error. Failed to query for the list of Group Policy Objects linked to this container. Details: There is no such object on the server.

johnw

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Deploy Printer with GP Error
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 10:53:02 am »
Hi,

I solved some issues with printers on Zentyal by editing the /etc/samba/printers.conf and changing the line
Code: [Select]
show add printer wizard = noto
Code: [Select]
show add printer wizard = yesthen restarting samba.

Via the "Print Management" MMC add-in I can now deploy via GPO and start the Add Driver dialog, but...  I still have issues with adding the printer drivers - it just wont run.  I get a message saying that I can't install the driver as it's not a valid 64 bit driver for the hardware device (they are 64 bit when installed using the supplied setup programs).

My printers are from varying makes - HP, Kyocera, Xerox, Ricoh, Canon - but none of them install.

Would be nice to be able to just copy the required files to the $print directory and be done with it!

EDIT: Some branches in the forest in the GPO deploy dialog screens don't work - you have to keep trying until you find the printer... somehow...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:55:19 am by johnw »