Author Topic: error downloading attachments in windows phone (8.1 and 10) and mail app windows  (Read 4962 times)

gabriel.gheorghiu@abt.ro

OK!

I will try to configure an email account to use Exchange to see if I can reproduce your issue and I will report back.

gabriel.gheorghiu@abt.ro

WP Lumia 930, Win 8.1 Update, Lumia Denim
Exchange account type; SSL
Send and receive emails (from my domain to gmail and vice versa) with or without attachments (pdf, xls, doc, docx, png, jpg); able to download, save and open the attachments.

EDIT:
Works also on Win 10 Pro (my laptop) with the default email app (not Outlook), Exchange account type, sync with my WP.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:26:00 pm by GG_jr »

gummibear1986

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
That's very interesting. I've never had a problem when using Outlook on Windows 10 or the default apps on Android or iOS, is there any chance your able to test this with the Outlook app on Android or iOS?

gabriel.gheorghiu@abt.ro

That's very interesting. I've never had a problem when using Outlook on Windows 10 or the default apps on Android or iOS, is there any chance your able to test this with the Outlook app on Android or iOS?

Today I tested also with Outlook 2013 on Win 10, without issues (Exchange type).

Tested right now on ALLVIEW A5 Easy, Android 5.1, with default email app, Exchange type: OK

I will test tonight on iPhone 6.

gummibear1986

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
The default apps works absolutely fine on both android and iOS. It's the Microsoft Outlook app that is the issue if you are able to download that from the Play store and test please?

gabriel.gheorghiu@abt.ro

The default apps works absolutely fine on both android and iOS. It's the Microsoft Outlook app that is the issue if you are able to download that from the Play store and test please?

You are right, doesn't work with MS Outlook app. :(

klinutzu

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
hello

i was surprised with so many answers!... :)

well, some conclusions:
1. these issues appear to all users; for some of them outlook on wp stops syncing.
2. if setup accounts as imap everything works.

for me is very clear that it's a sogo/openchange problem...

klinutzu

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
pffffffff.......

don't understand anymore.... upgraded to 4.1 and ta-daaaaaaaaa, attachments downloads...

strange...

gabriel.gheorghiu@abt.ro

To Zentyal 4.1?

I'm using 4.2.2 and doesn't work! :(

With SOGo Version 2.3.4

klinutzu

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
yes!.... strange, as i downgraded to 4.0 because on 4.1 incipient versions didn't works. now it seems on 4.1.9 it works, so i don't upgrade yet...

segelfreak

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Just a friendly side comment re. Outlook app.
Please keep in mind that outlook ("mobile") does not access your servers directly, but only via Microsoft's servers. With this you store and give away your login data to MS, they pickup your mail from the exchange server and store them in their infrastructure.
This is only mentioned deeply hidden in their terms.
For me personally, this is a no go.
It also seems to create issues in non native MS environment...
Zentyal 6.1