Author Topic: [solved] openchange and mail don't start anymore  (Read 2048 times)

Lueghi

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
[solved] openchange and mail don't start anymore
« on: November 16, 2016, 05:19:12 am »
After a long time without problems on my 4.0 version I need some help.

The above mentioned modules don't start anymore. In the zentyal.log I found the following:
Code: [Select]
2016/11/15 22:18:43 INFO> Service.pm:997 EBox::Module::Service::restartService - Restarting service for module: mail
2016/11/15 22:18:50 ERROR> AuthKrbHelper.pm:172 EBox::Samba::AuthKrbHelper::_getTicketUsingKeytab - Could not get ticket: could not acquire credentials using an initial credentials context: Password has expired
2016/11/15 22:18:50 ERROR> Service.pm:1001 EBox::Module::Service::restartService - Error restarting service: Could not get ticket: could not acquire credentials using an initial credentials context: Password has expired
2016/11/15 22:18:50 ERROR> Service.pm:1003 EBox::Module::Service::restartService - Could not get ticket: could not acquire credentials using an initial credentials context: Password has expired

I don't know what the log want to tell me, which password is required :( ?

What I did before:
Two days ago I installed ecodms on the server additional to zentyal. First everything worked well. But after a reboot of the server mail and openchange module will not start again. I tried it a couple of times, everytime the same situation. When I try to restart the modul manually same result.

ecodms has installed a postgresql-db. Could this be part of the problem?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:46:24 pm by Lueghi »
Lueghi
--------------
Zentyal 7.0 with samba, DNS, DHCP, Webserver, SoGo and VPN-server in my little home-network, based on proxmox

BerT666

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: openchange and mail don't start anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 10:11:19 am »
Howdy,

did you check your AD for expired passwords?
My first guess is that the Admin PW is no more valid...

It would be helpful if you could post your Kerberos / SSSD logs. There should be a real clue to the problem...

Regards

Thomas

Lueghi

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 07:39:57 pm »
Hi BerT666

sorry for the late reply, I was rather busy this week.

Yes, I believe you have got it. I can't login as administrator  :( . But I can't remember of setting an expire date ..... ?

I've reactivated the account and Zentyal mail module is starting again. What an easy solution .... I you know what to do  ;) .

Thanks a lot for your help  8) !!

Now I have some more questions:

Why has the password expired? Is there somewhere an option for that? Will it happen again in the future?

Regards,
Stefan
Lueghi
--------------
Zentyal 7.0 with samba, DNS, DHCP, Webserver, SoGo and VPN-server in my little home-network, based on proxmox

expertgeeks

• Forum Moderator
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 08:49:55 pm »
Passwords are set to expire by default in this version of Zentyal. Check this post for how to change the time to expire... https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,24613.msg93942.html#msg93942

Lueghi

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 08:45:09 pm »
And after the last post I understand now why all my users had problems to log in month ago. I had reset the passwords and everything worked fine then. But now I know the real reason  :) .
For the administrator account I had set the password later than for the users. And for that reason this account was disabled now.
So my circle of understanding has been closed  8) .

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Stefan
Lueghi
--------------