Author Topic: 1.4 slave usersandgroups nasty bug  (Read 6881 times)

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: 1.4 slave usersandgroups nasty bug
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2010, 06:55:37 am »
I did this a lot back in eBox 1.3 to 1.4.

eboxbuggy

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2010, 04:19:30 am »
I think I will have time to try this tomorrow  :)

Since you had the exact same problem as me I think the chance of success is quite high.

If its working can I actually add user after without having to disable samba every times?

Yes. Deleting the job queues on master fixed my problems as slave was not creating the new user's directories.

Andy

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2010, 04:59:06 pm »
Sorry, I don't understand this.

Why should you now be able to create users (and groups) on the master and sync it without any problems?

The users I created before activating shares on the slave are editable on the slave.
But after activating I create an user on the master, the master tries to load (or sync) without end.
On the slave I can see the new users but on the slave running Samba I get that nasty bug message.

I installed all servers with ebox 1.4 from CD an updated all to 1.43 before creating users or activating slaves...

Can you help me?

ownu00

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2010, 06:51:54 pm »
I finally got the time to test this. I can confirm its working great BUT all the subsequent added users still have the bug after the ebox-filesharing is enabled and those created before all work great.

The problem is you can't add users after the setup is complete they will not work in the slave.

Code: [Select]
A really nasty bug has occurred
Exception
Unknown error at EBox::SambaLdapUser::_getAccountFlags Referral received
Trace
Unknown error at EBox::SambaLdapUser::_getAccountFlags Referral received at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 712
EBox::Ldap::_errorOnLdap('Net::LDAP::Search=HASH(0xb58d46c)', 'HASH(0xb51f324)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 351
EBox::Ldap::search('EBox::Ldap=HASH(0xb2a206c)', 'HASH(0xb51f324)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/SambaLdapUser.pm line 848
EBox::SambaLdapUser::_getAccountFlags('EBox::SambaLdapUser=HASH(0xb58d7cc)', 'wham2') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/SambaLdapUser.pm line 858
EBox::SambaLdapUser::_userSharing('EBox::SambaLdapUser=HASH(0xb58d7cc)', 'wham2') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/SambaLdapUser.pm line 459
EBox::SambaLdapUser::_userAddOns('EBox::SambaLdapUser=HASH(0xb58d7cc)', 'wham2') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 2142
EBox::UsersAndGroups::allUserAddOns('EBox::UsersAndGroups=HASH(0xab05a88)', 'wham2') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/UsersAndGroups/User.pm line 50
EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User::_process('EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User=HASH(0xb4b4c5c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 262
EBox::CGI::Base::run('EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User=HASH(0xb4b4c5c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 120
EBox::CGI::Run::run('EBox::CGI::Run', 'UsersAndGroups/User', 'EBox') called at /usr/share/ebox/cgi/ebox.cgi line 19
ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_ebox_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler('Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb58e198)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0x980809c)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0x980809c)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
ModPerl::Registry::handler('ModPerl::Registry', 'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb58e198)') called at -e line 0
eval {...} called at -e line 0

I can reproduce this problem 100% of the time.

Andy

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2010, 07:06:11 pm »
Yes, same problem.
But look in Reply # 46 by "eboxbuggy":

He wrote that it's possible to add users with Samba enabled. It seems that only the sync queue had to be cleared.
I did that also and the pending operations disappeared. But the error still appears when I try to edit an "after-filesharing"-user...

I looked after the homedirs of the problem-users, they doesn't exist! But I didn't found something about that in the logs...

I like ebox, it's really a great software. But if it works I'll love it   ;D

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2010, 08:14:34 pm »
Technically I wrote that, haha. I have Samba enabled and I have users.

ownu00

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2010, 08:24:24 pm »
I do not doubt that Saturn2888  :D

But if you install ebox from scratch right now with the release CD

Do all updates

Follow the guide at the letter in the doc

It will not work.

Its not so bad when you can do work around but its puzzling when its not working with the official release cd by default after update.

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2010, 03:02:55 am »
Yes, it's maddening, but at least there's a usable workaround for now. Issac will hopefully fix it soon enough.

Andy

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2010, 09:13:40 am »
Hello Saturn,

can you explain me the workaround?

Do I have to watch for the sequence (activating users&groups, adding slave, creating users, activating filesharing and so on)?

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2010, 09:33:12 am »
I think eboxbuggy know my workaround better than me because s/he's done it far more recently and on 1.4 as well. I still have a text file with the information saved if needed.