Author Topic: 1.4 slave usersandgroups nasty bug  (Read 6812 times)

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: 1.4 slave usersandgroups nasty bug
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 05:27:13 pm »
I am wondering if anyone else is not having issues. If I am the only one with a working setup, I might be able to help figure out why that is and pinpoint the root of the bug.

That's cool you fixed it issac!  Is an eBox by itself considered a master without slaves?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 06:16:36 pm by Saturn2888 »

isaac

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 07:24:24 pm »
Yeah, until the moment you install a module that depends on usersandgroups. From then on you shouldn't add slaves to it.

eboxbuggy

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 07:31:32 pm »
Uhmm ... I hate to be the bringer of bad news but I just caught a bug
Code: [Select]
A really nasty bug has occurred
Exception
Unknown error at EBox::SambaLdapUser::_getAccountFlags Referral received
Trace
Unknown error at EBox::SambaLdapUser::_getAccountFlags Referral received at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 712
EBox::Ldap::_errorOnLdap('Net::LDAP::Search=HASH(0xb864994)', 'HASH(0xaafda6c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 351
EBox::Ldap::search('EBox::Ldap=HASH(0xa1b46d4)', 'HASH(0xaafda6c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/SambaLdapUser.pm line 848
EBox::SambaLdapUser::_getAccountFlags('EBox::SambaLdapUser=HASH(0xb7e11ec)', 'username1') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/SambaLdapUser.pm line 858
EBox::SambaLdapUser::_userSharing('EBox::SambaLdapUser=HASH(0xb7e11ec)', 'username1') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/SambaLdapUser.pm line 459
EBox::SambaLdapUser::_userAddOns('EBox::SambaLdapUser=HASH(0xb7e11ec)', 'username1') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 2137
EBox::UsersAndGroups::allUserAddOns('EBox::UsersAndGroups=HASH(0x9efa0e4)', 'username1') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/UsersAndGroups/User.pm line 50
EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User::_process('EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User=HASH(0xb762c00)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 262
EBox::CGI::Base::run('EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User=HASH(0xb762c00)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 120
EBox::CGI::Run::run('EBox::CGI::Run', 'UsersAndGroups/User', 'EBox') called at /usr/share/ebox/cgi/ebox.cgi line 19
ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_ebox_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler('Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb608788)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb70d580)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb70d580)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
ModPerl::Registry::handler('ModPerl::Registry', 'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb608788)') called at -e line 0
eval {...} called at -e line 0

I was happily adding users on the master. Went to slave, user, edit and bingo.

update: all my new users have bugs. the first 2 users I created useradmin1 and normaluser are working?  ???
update 2: i have 6 pages worth of updates on my master. clicking on force sync does nothing
https://master/ebox/Users/Composite/SlaveInfoupdate 3: /home/samba/users/ only have the 3 original users. Me, useradmin1 and normaluser ??? do I need to manually create directories for the new users? I think the reason for this is that you have to create all the users on master before enabling samba on slave.
update 4: no go on creating the directory manually in /home/samba/users same bug message
update 5: confirmed. you need to create all users/groups on master before enabling samba on slave. PITA though if you missed a user you have to recreate everything on slave lol  ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:34:50 am by eboxbuggy »

eboxbuggy

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 11:49:52 am »
How the heck am I the only one without problems? Haha. I guess my knack for breaking things fixed this. That's cool you fixed it issac! That means I can setup eBox in the workplace without being scared about that anymore. Is an eBox by itself considered a master without slaves?

Hey Sat ... as much as I would like to believe you have your ebox working, there are a couple of bugs that keeps popping up. Unless you are one of the devs and fix everything by yourself.

We haven't heard much bugs on your samba slave so I would assume everything on it is PERFECT. Even without Isaac's fix.

Can you do the following for us then? And report back if yours does work PERFECTLY?  ::)
1) add new users on master ebox and check if they can login to winxp domain
2) edit new user on slave and make him an administrator for the domain
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:51:39 am by eboxbuggy »

eboxbuggy

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 05:52:58 pm »
my samba bug was caused by master having pending operations in sync
fixed it by
rm -rf /var/lib/ebox/conf/userjournal/*

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 06:27:11 pm »
I did them both without any issues.

isaac

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 06:27:54 pm »
Good to hear :)

ownu00

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2010, 05:16:47 am »
I actually have this bug right now when I try to edit all users on the slave, on the master I have all these Ldap jobs queued.

A really nasty bug has occurred
Exception
Unknown error at EBox::SambaLdapUser::_getAccountFlags Referral received
Trace
Unknown error at EBox::SambaLdapUser::_getAccountFlags Referral received at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 712
EBox::Ldap::_errorOnLdap('Net::LDAP::Search=HASH(0xb864994)', 'HASH(0xaafda6c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 351
EBox::Ldap::search('EBox::Ldap=HASH(0xa1b46d4)', 'HASH(0xaafda6c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/SambaLdapUser.pm line 848
EBox::SambaLdapUser::_getAccountFlags('EBox::SambaLdapUser=HASH(0xb7e11ec)', 'username1') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/SambaLdapUser.pm line 858
EBox::SambaLdapUser::_userSharing('EBox::SambaLdapUser=HASH(0xb7e11ec)', 'username1') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/SambaLdapUser.pm line 459
EBox::SambaLdapUser::_userAddOns('EBox::SambaLdapUser=HASH(0xb7e11ec)', 'username1') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 2137
EBox::UsersAndGroups::allUserAddOns('EBox::UsersAndGroups=HASH(0x9efa0e4)', 'username1') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/UsersAndGroups/User.pm line 50
EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User::_process('EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User=HASH(0xb762c00)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 262
EBox::CGI::Base::run('EBox::CGI::UsersAndGroups::User=HASH(0xb762c00)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 120
EBox::CGI::Run::run('EBox::CGI::Run', 'UsersAndGroups/User', 'EBox') called at /usr/share/ebox/cgi/ebox.cgi line 19
ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_ebox_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler('Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb608788)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb70d580)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb70d580)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
ModPerl::Registry::handler('ModPerl::Registry', 'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb608788)') called at -e line 0
eval {...} called at -e line 0

I used the Ebox 1.4 CD and followed these instructions at the letters.
http://trac.ebox-platform.com/wiki/Document/HowTo/EBoxMasterSlaveSetup
I tried the eboxbuggy tricks to remove the Ldap master queue with
rm -rf /var/lib/ebox/conf/userjournal/* the queud is cleared but every-time I make some new user in the master when I go in the slave to edit them to make them domain admin I get the  "A really nasty bug has occurred" from below.

What make it strange is I made 3 clean install with the strict minimum like in the EBoxMasterSlaveSetup but by default its not working.

A simple question, in the guide they say this.
sudo apt-get install ebox-usersandgroups apparmor-Do I have to actually reinstall ebox-usersandgroups with the apparmor- even if I installed using the Ebox official 1.4 release CD?

Thank you for your precious times and sorry for my bad English.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:19:20 am by ownu00 »

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2010, 05:34:16 am »
Have you installed any eBox 1.4 updates?

ownu00

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2010, 06:20:54 am »
I think so, when you install the official Ebox 1.4 CD in the post install script its downloading the latest stable package database to be sure you have the latest version.

Do I need to get out of stable and use the SVN?

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2010, 06:32:22 am »
No, I am on stable. What version is yours? 1.4.3 is mine.

ownu00

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 06:36:29 am »
Same version here, but for me by default its not working.

You did absolutely nothing more than installing the latest version and follow the Master Slave guide?

Anyway I have to go to sleep thank you Saturn2888, i will check back here tomorrow.

I hope I find the problem I want to implement this in a little school.

Ive been using Debian forever for server but they want to administer users themselves so Ebox is actually the only good solution available and user friendly enough!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:41:35 am by ownu00 »

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 08:07:34 am »
You might wanna do something like this:
/usr/share/ebox-usersandgroups/ebox-usersandgroups-reinstall
/usr/share/ebox/ebox-unconfigure-module samba

But those reinstall eBox modules. It depends on what you have enabled. What did you install? Is mail installed too? If so, use this too: /usr/share/ebox/ebox-unconfigure-module mail

eboxbuggy

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 02:37:15 pm »
What make it strange is I made 3 clean install with the strict minimum like in the EBoxMasterSlaveSetup but by default its not working.
Believe me I know the feeling. I had to reinstall everything myself both on VM and on the actual servers themselves.

1) Make sure all modules are updated
2) Do what Saturn said first on slave
/usr/share/ebox-usersandgroups/ebox-usersandgroups-reinstall
/usr/share/ebox/ebox-unconfigure-module samba
3) Do that also on master (which will delete all your users & groups)
4) Do this on master to delete the job queues
rm -rf /var/lib/ebox/conf/userjournal/*5) Add all your users and groups on master
6) Add your slave to the ldap master
7) Enable samba on your slave

ownu00

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2010, 03:31:42 pm »
I think I will have time to try this tomorrow  :)

Since you had the exact same problem as me I think the chance of success is quite high.

If its working can I actually add user after without having to disable samba every times?