Author Topic: 1.4 slave usersandgroups nasty bug  (Read 6816 times)

philmills

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
1.4 slave usersandgroups nasty bug
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:40:24 pm »
I'm running ebox 1.4 master/slave setup and am trying to give my user account administrator rights.
This must be done on the slave since the option isn't available on master due to the fact that file sharing shouldn't be installed on the master in a master/slave setup. see: http://trac.ebox-platform.com/wiki/Document/HowTo/EBoxMasterSlaveSetup#Master
However, when i try to enable administrator rights for a user i get this error:

Code: [Select]
A really nasty bug has occurred
Exception
Unknown error at EBox::UsersAndGroups::listSlaves No such object
Trace
Unknown error at EBox::UsersAndGroups::listSlaves No such object at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 712
EBox::Ldap::_errorOnLdap('Net::LDAP::Search=HASH(0xaf08b54)', 'HASH(0xac045a8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 351
EBox::Ldap::search('EBox::Ldap=HASH(0xa99090c)', 'HASH(0xac045a8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 2865
EBox::UsersAndGroups::listSlaves('EBox::UsersAndGroups=HASH(0xa39f0fc)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 1508
EBox::UsersAndGroups::_updateGroupSlaves('EBox::UsersAndGroups=HASH(0xa39f0fc)', 'Domain Admins', 'op', 'add', 'user', 'PhilMills') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 1488
EBox::UsersAndGroups::updateGroup('EBox::UsersAndGroups=HASH(0xa39f0fc)', 'Domain Admins', 'op', 'add', 'user', 'PhilMills') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 1734
EBox::UsersAndGroups::addUserToGroup('EBox::UsersAndGroups=HASH(0xa39f0fc)', 'PhilMills', 'Domain Admins') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Samba.pm line 844
EBox::Samba::setAdminUser('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x99eb7c4)', 'PhilMills', 'yes') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Samba/ActiveSharing.pm line 79
EBox::CGI::Samba::ActiveSharing::_user('EBox::CGI::Samba::ActiveSharing=HASH(0xaccf65c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Samba/ActiveSharing.pm line 86
EBox::CGI::Samba::ActiveSharing::_process('EBox::CGI::Samba::ActiveSharing=HASH(0xaccf65c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 262
EBox::CGI::Base::run('EBox::CGI::Samba::ActiveSharing=HASH(0xaccf65c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 120
EBox::CGI::Run::run('EBox::CGI::Run', 'Samba/ActiveSharing', 'EBox') called at /usr/share/ebox/cgi/ebox.cgi line 19
ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_ebox_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler('Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xaed3780)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0x9404534)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0x9404534)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
ModPerl::Registry::handler('ModPerl::Registry', 'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xaed3780)') called at -e line 0
eval {...} called at -e line 0

To me it seems weird that in a master/slave setup, the slave has to be the PDC due to file sharing limitation on the master...

help...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 03:40:12 pm by philmills »

philmills

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 1.4 slave usersandgroups nasty bug
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:52:57 pm »
my guess is that the problem lies in the fact that, in order to make a user an administrator the slave tries to add the user to the administrators group.
as far as I can see, whenever I try to do any user/group assignments  on the slave it falls over with errors.
As a workaround I would add the user to the administrators group on the master, but that group isn't listed as an ebox group, so i can't.

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 11:57:21 pm »
IF YOU RUN CODE BELOW, YOU WILL NEED TO RECONFIGURE USERS AND GROUPS

You might wanna try this:
/usr/share/ebox-usersandgroups/ebox-usersandgroups-reinstall

can79

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 04:43:43 pm »

IF YOU RUN CODE BELOW, YOU WILL NEED TO RECONFIGURE USERS AND GROUPS

You might wanna try this:
/usr/share/ebox-usersandgroups/ebox-usersandgroups-reinstall

does not work
I've re-installed 3 times.
I can not enable Administrations Rights on slave for samba.

I have ldap master Only Usersandgroups module
and a slave whit usersandgroups + samba module
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:46:57 pm by can79 »

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 05:04:06 pm »
You have to deconfigure samba as well.
/usr/share/ebox/ebox-unconfigure-module samba

can79

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 12:21:45 am »
You have to deconfigure samba as well.
/usr/share/ebox/ebox-unconfigure-module samba

on master or slave?
slave installed only on samba

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 02:04:09 am »
Whichever isn't working.

can79

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 04:01:53 am »
Whichever isn't working.

master Ebox
modules;
only users and groups installed as master

slave ebox
modules;
users and groups installed (as slave)
samba

everything works well

but
if i edit a user under users tab on master ebox does not exist a "Administration rights" option for samba
on edit a user under users tab on slave (where samba installed) there is a option "Administration rights" for users.
if i enable this option and save changes on slave.
I get exactly above error. (read first post)

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 05:20:34 am »
I don't understand.

philmills

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 09:32:34 am »
Its very clear if you read my original post, and read the wiki instructions for setting up master/slave

Samba is NOT and should NOT be installed on the master (according to the wiki article)
ONLY usersandgroups should be installed on the master

The slave has samba installed, but the slave is unable to create administrator rights for any user. When you try, you get the error which i posted first.
You cannot create administrator rights on the master either, as administrator rights option is only available if samba file sharing is installed.

its a very bad catch 22...

christian

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 01:24:48 pm »
Basically what could solve this issue would be to enable and follow [LDAP] referral: doing so, you could, on server running Samba, define administrator. This will try to update LDAP group. Such request, performed on local LDAP server that is slave, should receive referral to master that will handle your request and modify group then replicated to slave ldap server. Am I correct ?

What I really don't understand here, since the beginning of this master/slave story, is the limitation preventing Samba to run on master LDAP server  ???

ymangolds

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 01:30:07 pm »
I'm in the exact same situation. Finally got Master/Slave working but now can't make a user an admin of the PDC on the slave. My error code is a little different though:
A really nasty bug has occurred
Exception
Unknown error at EBox::UsersAndGroups::addUserToGroup Referral received
Trace
Unknown error at EBox::UsersAndGroups::addUserToGroup Referral received at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 712
EBox::Ldap::_errorOnLdap('Net::LDAP::Modify=HASH(0xb7c3494)', 'HASH(0xb7bdda0)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 373
EBox::Ldap::modify('EBox::Ldap=HASH(0xa2a92a4)', 'cn=Domain Admins,ou=Groups,dc=c2istudios,dc=com', 'HASH(0xb7bdda0)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/UsersAndGroups.pm line 1732
EBox::UsersAndGroups::addUserToGroup('EBox::UsersAndGroups=HASH(0x9fdbefc)', 'ymangolds', 'Domain Admins') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Samba.pm line 844
EBox::Samba::setAdminUser('EBox::Samba=HASH(0xa793e94)', 'ymangolds', 'yes') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Samba/ActiveSharing.pm line 79
EBox::CGI::Samba::ActiveSharing::_user('EBox::CGI::Samba::ActiveSharing=HASH(0xb7eac5c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Samba/ActiveSharing.pm line 86
EBox::CGI::Samba::ActiveSharing::_process('EBox::CGI::Samba::ActiveSharing=HASH(0xb7eac5c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 262
EBox::CGI::Base::run('EBox::CGI::Samba::ActiveSharing=HASH(0xb7eac5c)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 120
EBox::CGI::Run::run('EBox::CGI::Run', 'Samba/ActiveSharing', 'EBox') called at /usr/share/ebox/cgi/ebox.cgi line 19
ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_ebox_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler('Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb70c034)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb791a34)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb791a34)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
ModPerl::Registry::handler('ModPerl::Registry', 'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb70c034)') called at -e line 0
eval {...} called at -e line 0
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 01:34:51 pm by ymangolds »

philmills

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 03:18:17 pm »
What I really don't understand here, since the beginning of this master/slave story, is the limitation preventing Samba to run on master LDAP server  ???

nor do i - its a dumb limitation....

ymangolds

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 04:27:50 pm »
In the master > users and groups > slave status I've got a list of pending actions on modifications I've done since I first joined the slave to the master. But the only button is "sync" which flashes a message that says "done" but the pending actions remain.

philmills

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 08:17:55 am »
please start a new topic for that - its not the same bug