Author Topic: ( Solved ) Help with voip  (Read 5332 times)

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Help with voip
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 05:05:24 pm »
the thing is there is a new security update of the kernel which has a higher version that ebox kernel and that's why your system has booted with this kernel, we will release this new version with the ebox patches very very soon. in the meanwhile just make sure that you run linux-image-2.6.24-26-ebox and not linux-image-2.6.24-27-server.

thanks for your feedback !

peterhoed

• Zen Apprentice
  • Ragger en Hoedje
    • View Profile
    • Ragger en Hoedje
Re: Help with voip
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 05:26:35 pm »
Thank you guys for the help i will mark it solved.

UPDATE : After a new download and fresh install.... it worked ootb.... !!!!!!
MOH : apt-get install mpg123  >>>

Peter
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 01:14:38 am by peterhoed »
Using Ubuntu-Gnome-desktop 8.04 / eBox 1.4
Yes i did .... RTM

peterr

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: ( Solved ) Help with voip
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 09:31:23 am »
I had the same issue with ebox 1.3 but never got meetings to work even with the ebox kernel. Now on 1.4 I have the same problem.  Interestingly I have 3 ebox servers running at the moment - all say they are fully up to date.
2 of them, a web server and the asterisk/jabber server, are running with the 2.6.24-27-server kernel and the samba server is using the 2.6.24-26-ebox kernel - ironic that the one that really needs the ebox kernel is not using it and one that probably does not is using it!  Or maybe the samba/PDC does need the ebox kernel and is smart enough to know it while asterisk also needs it but is not smart enough to realize.
I don't really understand why 3 up to date servers would be running different kernels though - admittedly the web server was installed on top of an existing lamp server but the other 2 both used the ebox iso yet one sticks with an ebox kernel and one does not.